What do you carry for CCW?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by thisaway, Jun 27, 2007.

?
  1. Auto

64 vote(s)
    94.1%
  2. Revolver

4 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. crankbait11

Glock 26 for casual wear or smith 442 in the pocket when dress code eliminates the other.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. I carry both. Sometimes I carry my GLOCK, Sometimes my Taurus .357. Occasionally both. I clicked revolver in the poll, because that's what I've been carrying most of the past 2 or 3 months.

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

3. How do ya like your G39? I just fired my G38 for the first time this weekend and wonder... how well does your sub-compact version handle the recoil? Does it have a little "punch" to it?

I could be away from home over the next 6 months and will leave the G38 with my wife. Would the G39 be a good backup to have as a CCW and primary while I'm traveling? Thanx!

4. Quail Fat

Quail Fat Member

Glock 19 with trijicon n/s, 15+1rds of Corbon 125+P JHP, smooth G17 trigger, maritime firing pin cups, stock trigger pull, parkerized finish, carried in IWB leather holster, in fanny pack or poked down the front of my pants "Gangsta Style".

This is my only handgun that I carry. I shoot it all the time, and I am an excellent shot. I consistantly qualify with a 100% for my Department shooting the standard Oklahoma Law Enforcement course of fire. I enjoy plinking and general thrashing around "commando" shooting.

5. Blasko

Blasko Knob Creek MX-5

Glock 36 or Sig P225
    IWB Milt Sparks or Kramer
    Winter Time Desantis ProFed Paddle OWB
    Rem Golden Saber

6. If the SHTF, I'm not grabbing a lever action or a musket, I'm grabbing an AK. For similar reasons, for carry I don't carry a flintlock or a revolver, I carry a semi auto. :supergrin: :thumbsup:

7. Glock 26 Daily.

8. wearemisled

wearemisled Enforcer

This little .25 Titan is good enough for me. It has 7+1 capacity.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. g23 primary & kahr pm9 for summer carry

10. 01coltcolt

01coltcolt Weapons Tech.

I primarly carry my Colt Magnum Carry .357 mag. Sometimes I carry my Kimber Agesis II but the Kimber is too pretty to beat the hell out of it everyday!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. CALIx

CALIx XXX

Glock 26 (weather permits/weekends/when I'm with my wife and daughter) and 642 J-frame (work and during the summer).

12. NewWildWest

NewWildWest Hokie4Life

G19 is the only gun I own and gets carried daily.

Hope to add a .45 very soon.

p.s. that Kimber is sexy coltcolt wish I could afford them

13. ranger88

CLM

Glock 19 here too, 95% of the time. Sometimes switch to a Colt Combat Elite 1911 (.45) or a H&K USP45(f) in the winter. But mostly I stick to the G19.

14. 1. Sig 226 (.40)
    2. Sig 226 (9mm)
    3. XD 4" ACP
    4. S&W Mod 59

15. Normally carry a well concealed Glock 29 in a custom holster, but I just bought a Kimber Ultra Carry II in .45 auto. I seem to shoot more consistently with a short sighting radius than I do with a standard 1911A1, plus second shot target acquisition is much better with the shorter (bbl)

Doc K

16. packin23

packin23 Welcome Wagon

[​IMG]
    I love this little booger!:supergrin:

17. thisaway

After several years of legal CCW, I have finally settled on my old S&W M60 .38 snub. I guess you could call me a bit "retro". :50cal: