What do you carry for CCW?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by thisaway, Jun 27, 2007.

?
  1. Auto

66 vote(s)
    94.3%
  2. Revolver

4 vote(s)
    5.7%
  1. Auto, schmauto. Auto is short for autoloader, which never meant a machine pistol. I say this in good humor, not meant to flame. :)

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    NewWaveGuy likes this.
  2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

Glock 27.
    +1 Pearce ext.
    Winchester T 180's. (RA40T)
    Sidearmor IWB.

:thumbsup:

3. I carry a glock 27 most of the time with speer gold dots

have a keltec p3at but don't trust it anymore

soon to be carrying a kahr pm9 or mk9

4. JasonNC

JasonNC CREATOR

I have 5 guns I consider strict "carry guns" 4 of them are autos and the 5th is a revolver. If someone was taking a tally, they would record that I carry the one revolver about 75% more than I carry all 4 autos

5. aomagrat

aomagrat Peaceful Member

Walther PPK .380

6. Mostly G19,G26 or G30. With 26 taking the lead spot.

7. :) Autos, Wife carries 38 Lady Smith! :thumbsup:

8. Glock 23 in a SmartCarry holster.Worn 12 hours a day, in and out of my car numerous times. Very comfortable and DEEPLY concealed.

[​IMG]

( I love the way the spell check on this site keeps trying to correct the word "Glock")!

9. SIGSAREBETTER

SIGSAREBETTER Teh Pieman

Auto, primarily a SIG Sauer P226.

NewWaveGuy likes this.
  10. Kahr Pm9 IWB with spare mag if traveling within the state, but mostly I just drop the S&W 340PD in my front pocket and go.

These guns are light, reliable, and accurate enough for defensive purposes. Although the Smith needed some time before I could hit with it.

My big guns...1911, XD .357, P99, ect. only see range or night table duty. I see no need as a civilian to buy any more "big" hand guns.

11. n3rday

Well, I think the results of this poll will probably be pretty skewed, seeing as this is a Glock forum. Also, some of the older folks that CCW but are less...computer-saavy, shall we say, are probably less likely to be on a gun forum than the younger kids who are more predisposed to autoloaders.

As to the poll, I don't carry yet, but I voted revolver because that is what I WILL carry as soon as I get my CCW.

12. revolver, specifically a ruger sp101 in .357 mag loaded with remington .357 mag 125 grain SJHP's. Winter carry is a S&W 66 with 2.5" bbl and the same ammo.

I'm 25.....

13. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

[​IMG]

:steamed: Hey! What's this about old people and revolvers? Are you calling me and my pals computer illiterate?

Well are ya, punk! :tongueout:

14. Hey, I am 62, so I guess that makes me one of the "older folks" but seems like I spend a lot of time helping out my kids and grandkids with their computers, for one who is supposed to be NOT computer savvy! :tongueout:

Plus I was a Glock CCW fan long before I found this website. My choice of the G23 was not influenced by this site. I have over 4000 rounds, with out any type of malfunction thru my 23. And I carry it 12 hours a day, in and out of cars all day long, very comfortably and deeply concealed in the SmartCarry.

I know when I pull the trigger it will go BANG! THAT is why it is my choice for CCW

15. qmotox

G29 or G36 primary IWB
    and sometimes
    Seacamp or Beratta .32 backup in pocket holster

16. 2-1/4" SP 101 .357

17. Fox

Fox Varmit Control

18. Cobra64

Cobra64 Deals in Facts

H&K P2000 V3 in 9mm.

NewWaveGuy likes this.
  19. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

I am 63 years old. I strongly prefer the semi autos. I know my way around computers fairly well for a geezer.

How old did you say you were? You don't seem to know a great deal about "older folks".

Go out and get yourself a clue. :wavey:

20. Psycosidal

Psycosidal GAP nuff said

GLOCK 38 most of the time or Smith m&p 9c.
    if its a formal afair maybe smith pd45 it all depends.;)
    but I hardly carry the airweight any more now that I got the M&P.