close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What do you carry for CCW?

Discussion in 'The SHOT ShowCase' started by thisaway, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Auto

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Revolver

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GroovedG19

GroovedG19 Laguna Blue AP2

Jun 20, 2003
    Washington
    These days, Colt M4.Used to carry an M249Saw.

2. Alcoy

Alcoy

Jul 13, 2006
    Virginia
    :rofl::rofl: Stay safe. Thanks for your service. Keep the sense of humor.

3. gregdry

gregdry

Jun 22, 2010
    SC
    Primary: G 26
    If pockets too small/weather too hot: Ruger LCP
    Both loaded with Hornady Critical Defense!

4. Big Bad Jon

Big Bad Jon

May 22, 2010
    Indiana
    My EDC is a Glock 30sf. With Winchester PDX1 hollow points. I have a big enough frame that the wide grip does not print like other have issues with.

5. Great pix! What are they please? Like the looks of both! I keep going around in circles and coming back to my Glock 26 9mm and Glock 30 .45 ACP; prefer to carry a .45 for obvious reasons. I use a variety of engineered self defense loads and am in the process of looking into what the latest and greatest is; in the meantime I use Speer Gold Dots. Want some of these new jobs that won't clog up going through leather clothing, etc.

Also want to get my holsters squared away.

And I want to get settled on a carry piece. I have also been playing with the Sig P239 but can only get it "Canadianized" in 9mm. right now. Going to have to look into extended barrel from one of the barrel guys that is 105mm long or better. We cross the border all the time and it would be a pain to have a "non Canadianized" pistol (not that we can carry in Canada of course, but we have a home here and shortly stateside... we are dual citizens).

6. And how did you carry that concealed? +1 Thanks for stepping up to the plate in harm's way for us.

7. Incredibly, .32ACP is outlawed in Canada as 'evil' .... go figure. I have one of them there Walther P99's and that's a gun I keep coming back to for concealed carry along with my P239.... but ultimately always back to my Glock 26 and 30. Go figure. It's four years I think... still working on the final decision.... gotta try out a few more. Anyone carrying a Para LTC? Or a Beretta 96D Centurion? Jeez, if someone would just come out with the PERFECT carry piece. Lessee... wafer thin. .45ACP that'll take +P loads. A 105mm barrel so I can take it across the border with me (under 105mm is ... again, evil). Carries 20 rounds in the magazine somehow (and I carry a double spare mag holster with cover so that'd be 60 rounds - good enough for the OK Corral). And light as a feather with a finish that just won't wear. Oh and last but not least, a grip safety as well as a 'safe' trigger system just to be safer. I don't want to fumble with a thumb safety anymore. I want to draw, point and shoot. And I can tell you, from experience, that a fraction of a second counts with adrenaline pumping. The difference between the bad guy or you going to the hospital. Or the ME's place in the basement.

So many guns. So many guns.

8. Still an auto, but I went form my G26 to an XD40SC during warmer weather and a XD45C for colder. I would someday like to get an L frame (7rds).357 snubby though.

9. .32acp outlawed :dunno: , but you can own a .45acp. That just doesn't make sense. As much as I don't care for NY, I'm sure glad I don't live in Canada. I hope you spend most of your time in Buffalo. :supergrin:

10. BgDnTx

BgDnTx

Dec 4, 2009
    Texas
  11. GottaBkiddin

GottaBkiddin Here Kittykitty

Thanks.
    It's my Kimber Ultra Carry II and my Sig P238. They are both very nice shooting pistols and as accurate as anything I have ever fired. I'd recommend either or. TC

GBK

12. Irfan

Irfan Millennium Member

Jul 28, 1999
  13. spearcrow

spearcrow

May 2, 2009
    Every now and then I will use my S&W 442, but usually that one goes with my wife, either in her purse or her car.

With few exceptions, I almost always have my G33 on me. I use it for ccw and it is my main edc as well. Great little gun. I usually have it loaded up with Winchester Ranger 125 GR SXT, but I also have a few hundred rounds of Speer 125 GR Gold Dot HP's. My 33 shoots them both very well, and they are both really accurate. I just seem to prefer the Ranger to the Gold dot for some reason.

14. KaosV

KaosV

Sep 16, 2003
    Washington
    Glock 23 normally and a Smith&Wesson 638 when I have to pack small.

15. s0nspark

s0nspark Talk is cheap!

Jul 3, 2009
    The Old North State
    M&P9 carried AIWB
    or
    M&P9C in a SmartCarry

looking into getting a Kel-Tec PF-9 to go even smaller

16. I currently carry a revolver...a .32 that belonged to my late uncle, just because it is easier to conceal that my G19...however, I would like to purchase a G36 for a daily carry and then my answer would change.

17. Smith and Wesson J-Frame 5 shot, 38 Special; with Desantis conceal sheath.

18. I'm planning to change my answer to this question tomorrow :) Going to pick up a G27 and (knowing me) will head directly to the range...if I like it...it will be my new daily carry.