close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What do you all use for shot gun ammo carriers?

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by 427, Mar 19, 2012.

1. 427

Nov 23, 2009
    KUMSC
    I had one of the slings that hold 20 rounds of ammo, but that just unbalanced everything. I do still have it as it makes a grab and go accessory.

I'm looking for a good pouch. I've been using SAW pouches and they seem to work OK, but there's got to be a better way of attaching a large number of easily accessible 12g shells to ones body. I don't like the molle issued ones.

I haven't tried the bandolier, yet.

Thanks for all the replies.

2. Inebriated

Inebriated

Feb 20, 2012
    Bandoliers are an interesting way to go... It's so easy to load......til you have to use the one ones on your back.

3. VinnieD

VinnieD

Mar 26, 2011
    6 on the receiver, 5 more on the stock, and another 4 on the sling. If I need more than that, it's handy that I wear cargo pants, so I can just shove backup rounds in my pockets without adding any extra bulk to my belt.

4. destradoimpulse

destradoimpulse

Mar 13, 2012
    +1 for the Mesa Tactical side saddle.

Just make sure to put some Loctite on the screws and it'll serve you well.

5. bsg1

bsg1

Aug 31, 2009
    Southern California
    "Bruce Nelson Combat Leather" belt shotshell carrier.

6. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

May 20, 2000
    Tennessee
    I use a dump pouch hanging off my belt. Its a small dump pouch, and still I think I loaded it with like 30 or 40 shells the other day in a dry run. Its still not as fast as that pinwheel thing--I kinda like that.

7. KML

KML Millennium Member

Sep 11, 1999
    This is what I use

http://olongapooutfitters.com/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=13

It's great!
    All of his gear is great.I have one for my shotgun,AR15,AK47.The AR and Ak are just ready bags since I have better web gear for carrying allday in a shtf,but the shotgun bag is what I plan to use in teotwawtki.75rds of 12ga in a easy to carry and use bag.

Kevin

8. Ted the Ninja

Ted the Ninja

Apr 16, 2011
    Kentucky
    http://originalsoegear.com/pullout12.html

These things are amazing. Bit pricey, though. Youtube them for a better description on how they work. The wording makes it seem complicated, but it couldn't be easier.

9. jb1911

jb1911

Sep 21, 2011
    Is this 870 a 12 gauge? I want to get a Mesa 4 shot for my 20 gauge. If you could do me a favor I would really appreciate it. Could you measure the hole centers on the trigger housing pin holes? Thanks in advance.

Just found out they make these in 20 gauge too. So, never mind.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  10. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  11. fireslayer23

fireslayer23 Roadwhore

Jun 2, 2000
    USA
    This.

I have 6 round on my 870 Serbu Super Shorty that gives me two full reloads, a 6 round on my 14 inch 870 Police for one full reload and an 8 rounder on my Winchester SX2 which gives me one full tube reload (holds 8+1).

I love the fact that the holders can be removed and replaced as fast as you can pull velcro and you don't run the risk of jacking up your receiver with a hard saddle.

12. AgentM79

AgentM79 Platinum Member

Nov 29, 2003
    I just installed a VangComp DSAC unit on my 870. Over all of the other "side saddle"-type units I've checked out, this seems to offer the advantage that no threadlocker is required to keep the unit from falling apart. I also like the idea that the replacement trigger group pins are captured in the same manner that the factory pins are, and that you can't bind the receiver by overtightening the pins/screws. Also a plus - the stainless trigger group pins match the silver-colored bolt assembly (it's a blued Police Magnum w/ wood furniture). Another plus - the removable shell carrier can be quickly replaced with another fully-loaded carrier.

I haven't been to the range with the gun yet, but really like what I see so far. I'll certainly report back after doing a few qual courses with it.

13. BEER

BEER bad example

May 2, 2006
    Dayton, Texas
    i just keep one of those generic 5 round elastic slip ons on the stock. i like the ability to quickly roll it over to the other side of the stock if i have to switch shoulders for whatever reason.

14. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Anything but TacStar!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. BEER

BEER bad example

May 2, 2006
    Dayton, Texas
    awhile back i saw a video where a guy carried a mag full of rounds as a speed loader for his revolver. it was pretty fast compared to doing it 1 at a time. i wonder if the same concept would work for pump shotguns now that 12g mags are available.