close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What Do References for NJ Cards Get Asked?

Discussion in 'Tri State Glockers' started by Alan Antopol, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Alan Antopol

Alan Antopol

Dec 29, 2003
    NY, NY
    Folks,

What do references for NJ firearms cards get asked? Do the references get called, need to write a letter, fill out a form, or is there something else required?

Thanks Alan

2. Patterson

Patterson Never Forget!

Oct 5, 2005
    The Garden State
    In my case they were mailed a letter with a form on which they needed to check off the boxes & return to the local PD. The checklist contained the typical questions asked on the app itself... Has this person been convicted of a crime? etc...

3. TimiG19

TimiG19

Jan 18, 2005
    San Antonio, TX
    Even though I had to give references with each purchase I made in NJ they were only contacted the first time. IIRC, they were called and asked how long they knew me, if I was responsible, level-headed, sane, etc. Both references said the call only took a minute or two. Of course, that was back in about 1995 so it may be done by mail now.

4. MAUSER88

MAUSER88

Jun 26, 2003
    The usual questions are asked. In my town they now call the references too asking the same questions you answered in the letter.:crazy: