close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What do cats do?

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Mar 31, 2012.

1. okie

okie
    Expand Collapse
    GT Mayor

This video shows how a dog reacts when he/she hasn't seen his/her master for a while. What do cats do? I don't know much about cats:dunno:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysKAVyXi0J4"]Seeing my dog the day I got back from Afghanistan - YouTube[/ame]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Lone Wolf8634

Lone Wolf8634
    Expand Collapse
    :):

They stick their tail and their nose in the air, stalk away while giving you the most advantageous view of their posterior, and anything they may still be sporting back there.

They pee in your shoes and poop on your pillow.

After a week or so they may let you become one of their servants again.:supergrin:

3. TSAX

TSAX
    Expand Collapse
    USAF Vet

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:50cal:

4. PBCounty

PBCounty
    Expand Collapse

You got me. I've got two cats right now. One goes ape**** everyday when I come home from work and then follows me around the house all day afterwards. The other doesn't seem to notice anything about the world outside of the level of the food dish.

5. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe
    Expand Collapse
    Sandbox Refugee
    CLM

Cats may not run outside and jump all over you, but they love too. When I deployed, then went home for the first time in months my cat got up on the back of a chair, walked up into my arms, and started purring as if all was right with the world. The other one danced around my feet until I got a hand free to pet her, too.

6. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior
    Expand Collapse
    Am Yisrael Chai
    CLM

Cats will just walk up and say, "welcome home man, good to see ya!"

7. KING-PIN

KING-PIN
    Expand Collapse

My cat greets me at the door and follows me around the house until the next time I leave.

Of course, this is also the same cat that loves to play fetch, so I'm fairly certain I own a dog in a cat's body.

8. turretg

turretg
    Expand Collapse

9. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman
    Expand Collapse
    BLR
    Silver Member

That's very cool...

As far as cats go it depends on the cat. My cat, Gunny, jumps up onto the back of a chair for pets every time I come home from work. He will sit there and cry at me until I pet him.

Our Siamese Li Lu greets me as well, though not quite as enthusiastically. Our third cat Gandalf just does the 'hello friend' look and goes about his business.

10. okie

okie
    Expand Collapse
    GT Mayor

How do you pronounce the name of the third cat my friend:dunno::supergrin:

11. okie

okie
    Expand Collapse
    GT Mayor

12. turretg

turretg
    Expand Collapse

My Friendly African wild cat Slim hanging with me after work. This is as big a cat I will play with!

#12 turretg, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  13. UtahIrishman

UtahIrishman
    Expand Collapse
    BLR
    Silver Member

He's named after the Wizard Gandalf in Lord of the Rings. It's pronounced 'Gan doff' Gan rhymes with Can

14. MrsKitty

MrsKitty
    Expand Collapse

No matter what Missy is doing, she runs to meet 'scream as soon as he pulls in the driveway. She is tickled when he comes home. All I ever wanted was for her to learn to tolerate him (she loathed him at first) but now she loves him as much as I do. :supergrin:

#14 MrsKitty, Mar 31, 2012
  15. carloglock19

carloglock19
    Expand Collapse

We have two cats and one likes to play fetch, greets you at the door, loves to get pets and sleeps at your feet when you are sitting so pretty much acts like a dog. Now the other one is like ohhhhh it&#8217;s you again well my kibble is running low and my water is room temperature now so while you're at it give me some of those treats I like.....your welcome!

#15 carloglock19, Mar 31, 2012
  16. sopdan

sopdan
    Expand Collapse
    In Expatistan

It depends.

We have two cats here, my roommate's cat, Lucy, is very social/needy/attached, whatever you want to call it. She is very vocal, and even if you leave for just a couple minutes, she's quick to let you know that she needs some petting time. If she's running through the room, no matter what her motivation is, a light touch with your hand or foot will have her instantly on her side, wantin' some scratching. She actually drops to the floor.

My cat, Zoey, is very much less like that. She'll come greet you at the door, but only cuddles on her own terms. (and then she is very persistent)

Lucy is on the right, Zoey is on the left.

Attached Files:

17. Altaris

Altaris
    Expand Collapse

#17 Altaris, Mar 31, 2012
  18. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe
    Expand Collapse
    Sandbox Refugee
    CLM

Has he finally given up trying to hate cats? :supergrin: :rofl:

19. Peace Warrior

Peace Warrior
    Expand Collapse
    Am Yisrael Chai
    CLM

Amazing! In the early 80's I had some ADBA registered hunting/guard dogs, which I had raised for almost 8 months as pups and then sold to another couple, then by pure happenstance [ran into them at the grocery store] I went to visit this couple when after the pups had become dogs. The couple that owned them had four other VERY good guard dogs by that time. "My" Dawgs at first remembered me, and in my opinion, for a little while, they gave me heck for being gone so long, but then in the final hour, they protected me from their new family, up to being very vicious with their displays, the entire time I was in the backyard.

It was surreal to say the least and I've never been around anything like that ever again. Until I watched this video. AWESOME! Way to go LIONS!

#19 Peace Warrior, Mar 31, 2012
  20. AA#5

AA#5
    Expand Collapse