Glock Talk banner

What Did You Do With/To Your Glock Today?

119K views 1K replies 530 participants last post by  glockandgroovin' 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, this is taken from other forum topics. But I like to read them daily. Make a mod or do some shooting but don't want to post a whole thread? This is the place!:cool:

Myself, Glock 21 arrived today. *still a little burnt it's not gen 4*

See less See more
#4 ·
I repositioned the trigger pad on the trigger bar of my G21SF in an effort to lighten and change the trigger pull. My first effort was not perfect, so I had to order some more trigger bars. I will get it right. BTW, once I get the modification right, it will be one badass trigger. It is already about 3-3.5lbs with all the stock parts. The trigger also feels totally different. It's amazing. For more info, see my thread on it, or Mran's thread on it (I got the idea from his thread, but made my own to detail my work). More to come soon!

My thread:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368021

Mran's thread:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17886286&posted=1#post17886286

#7 ·
I repositioned the trigger pad on the trigger bar of my G21SF in an effort to lighten and change the trigger pull. My first effort was not perfect, so I had to order some more trigger bars. I will get it right. BTW, once I get the modification right, it will be one badass trigger. It is already about 3-3.5lbs with all the stock parts. The trigger also feels totally different. It's amazing. For more info, see my thread on it, or Mran's thread on it (I got the idea from his thread, but made my own to detail my work). More to come soon!

My thread:

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1368021

Mran's thread:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17886286&posted=1#post17886286
So, not to sound like a stalker but I know that you are a .45 and 10 owner..how do they compare as far as range use goes? By this I mean smootheness of recoil, accuracy etc..

#9 ·
Checked the tracking number on my G20sf. Should be getting it tomorrow.

Checked tracking numbers for all of my reloading tools. Tomorrow.

Spoke with my G26 today. Told her that I am bringing a brother home tomorrow.

Whoooo Hoooo!:rock:
Conrats on the g20. I love the "big boy" glocks. I know 10mm is in a different leage than the 45acp(g21sf) but I just love the way the ergos are. Then again, I think the 92 series is the most ergonomic pistol on the market, and most people thing they are huge.

#13 ·
After reading a bit on here about how the slide locking bar(?) can relate to accuracy, I decided to take mine out and look at it - never done it before. My G19 is very accurate anyway, and the marks on the bar were symmetrical as others said they should be. No sweat for me if not, but nice to confirm.

Figured while I was doing that I would just take it all apart, if only for a detail strip refresher, and gave it a good scrub down throughout all the cavities. Clean as a whistle now, at least on the receiver.

Fun 15 minutes while watching a little Goldfinger. Ohhhh, and I called Galco to have a replacement tension unit for my holster sent out - for free!

#14 · (Edited)
So, not to sound like a stalker but I know that you are a .45 and 10 owner..how do they compare as far as range use goes? By this I mean smootheness of recoil, accuracy etc..
They are both great guns. The .45ACP (with my G21SF) is just like a mellow pop, while the 10mm (in my G29, and my friend's G29SF and G20SF) is more of a mellow kick, if that makes sense. They are both pretty smooth recoiling, but the 10mm has a good bit more push (with full-power loads). I think snap or flip is about the same. With the G29/G29SF, you get a good bit more recoil and flip, but it's still VERY controllable. The G20SF, on the other hand, is such a big *****cat. You definitely know you're shooting something with lots of power, but the full grip and the added mass make it much smoother. Recoil with the G20SF is not much more than .45ACP+P in the G21SF, even with the hot stuff. A lot depends on the powder, too. Some powders tend to be a bit snappier, but I would never really call 10mm recoil snappy.

It's amazing how much the G20SF tames the recoil. After buying a G29SF to complement his G20SF, my friend said he wanted to put up the G20SF for a while to shoot the G29SF. He said it was because the G20SF really tames the recoil so much. With the G29s, you really know you're shooting something with some power. Another aspect that doesn't get mentioned is the noise. The 10mm guns are so much louder. And they have a deep, cannon-like report. It's a really unique experience with an automatic, and that's what makes them so fun. You will never leave the range with sore hands after shooting 10mm. I usually shoot at least 300 rounds, and almost all are always full-power. It won't numb your hand or anything.

The accuracy of 10mm is exceptional, especially at long range. We were at the range the other day, and we started shooting at a 12oz. water bottle out on the berm at 125 yards, just for fun. We never dreamed we would hit it. It was amazing. At that range, we were aiming right at it. We didn't even have to hold high with the sights. All of our shots were within about 12" of the bottle, and my friend hit it once. I never got lucky (we were low on ammo, and wasted the last of it on this). But I would be confident that I could hit a man-sized target at that range 8 out of 10 times, and I don't think I'm that great of a shot. There was no appreciable bullet drop, and this was all with a 3.78" barrel and factory polymer sights. While I didn't shoot the G21SF on that trip, I've shot at a 1"x2" railroad sign at 130 yards before, and had to hold the front post about 70% above the rear just to get close. Bullet drop was noticeably greater. Shots out to 75 yards on a milk-jug sized target are not very hard with 10mm.

The last thing I'll say about 10mm is that its versatility is amazing. You can buy standard 10mm range ammo that will have less felt recoil than .40S&W, but still more power, due to the slide mass. With my reloads, I shoot anything from 180gr bullets at 850fps to 1300fps. A range of 450fps with that bullet weight is awesome. Sorry for the long response.

Checked the tracking number on my G20sf. Should be getting it tomorrow.

Checked tracking numbers for all of my reloading tools. Tomorrow.

Spoke with my G26 today. Told her that I am bringing a brother home tomorrow.

Whoooo Hoooo!:rock:
You are about to be in heaven! A G20SF and G26 is one hell of a combination. Those are two of Glock's finest, in my opinion.

Conrats on the g20. I love the "big boy" glocks. I know 10mm is in a different leage than the 45acp(g21sf) but I just love the way the ergos are. Then again, I think the 92 series is the most ergonomic pistol on the market, and most people thing they are huge.
If you like the ergonomics of the G21SF, then the G20SF will be identical (since the frame IS identical). If you are on the fence about it, you really need to find someone with a G20SF that you can shoot. But if you like the G21SF, I don't think you would regret just buying the G20SF without a test-drive. If you live in AL, I could let you fire the G29, and my buddy would surely let you shoot his G20SF and G29SF.

OK, sorry I hijacked the thread for a minute, back to the OP's question.

#20 ·
What did you to with/to your Glock today? Picked it (G-22RTF [FishGills]) up off the bedside table and put it in my shooting bag. Later today I will have it in the car while I am out visiting church members. Then, about 3 p.m., I will take it and my Ruger Mk. II and do a little informal target shooting. Tonight... I'll clean them both. The Ruger will go back in the drawer. The Glock will go back on the bedside table. Cheers!

#22 ·
I got a big delivery from Palmetto, including some Winchester PDX1 hollow points for HD. So, I took Black Beauty out of the safe, dry fired it a few times and loaded up a couple mags with the PDX1's and put it back in the safe.

On Saturday, we are going to shoot at the Pocono Pistol range for the Wounded Warrior Benefit. I got lots of FMJ for that.

#23 ·
I put a 12 round factory magazine (haters) loaded with 124 gr +p gold dot in it. I chambered a round. (haters) I then placed it into a Galco Fletch and secured the thumb break. (haters) I put on my raincoat, left the house and went about my business. Sensational but true. :crying:

#26 ·
Called the RSA hotline, I was 17 in line! Was on hold for 15 mins. Ordered new RSA's for my 25th anniv. G17gen4 and my G19gen4. They said it would take 2-4 weeks for them to arrive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.