Glock Talk banner

What Did You Do With/To Your Glock Today?

119K views 1K replies 530 participants last post by  glockandgroovin' 
#1 · (Edited)
Okay, this is taken from other forum topics. But I like to read them daily. Make a mod or do some shooting but don't want to post a whole thread? This is the place!:cool:

Myself, Glock 21 arrived today. *still a little burnt it's not gen 4*

See less See more
#28 · (Edited)
Looked at a maze of lasers online. I've no clue what a good choice would be. :dunno:Except that I think I want it mounted below the barrel. If you have a good recomendation for a Glock 21 I'm all ears. (No I don't need top end stuff, just a nice solid value)

BTW I love reading that clock can have 33round clips. We all know this isn't true... as seen below FPSRussian style. (thanks Kyle)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbsgHbXubGU

#32 ·
Shot 50 rounds through my 30SF. I must have had a bad batch of reloads because it was being a PITA today...multiple failures to return to battery. Not a single problem with factory rounds though.

Installed a red fiber optic front sight on my Gen4 34 and shot 50 rounds through it. Perfect!

#35 ·
Called the RSA hotline, I was 17 in line! Was on hold for 15 mins. Ordered new RSA's for my 25th anniv. G17gen4 and my G19gen4. They said it would take 2-4 weeks for them to arrive.
I did the same thing, and also was on hold for about 15 mins, they too told me it would take 2-4 weeks to arrive. Hope i get it sooner i want to break it in and see if i stop geting brass to the face.

#37 ·
I carried mine today. And told her I love her, does that count. I did promise to feed her and the siblings this saturday morning.
If you don't have as much time with your children as you want it is important that you tell them how much they are loved. So it counts, Good call.:rofl:

#39 ·
G17 at the range, practicing for indoor GSSF match coming up.

#40 ·
What did I do with / to my Glock today?

Well, The modified Glock 20 went onto my belt where it stayed, and I taped up my stock Glock 20 getting ready to chop the grip to accept Glock 29 mags. It was at that point that the wife had a ***** fit and threated life and limb if I so much as scratched the newer Glock... This expanded into a full blown argument...

To make a long story shorter... I may have a new Glock 29 very soon. I would rather buy her a Glock 26 and keep on track with copping the Glock 20 frame. However we will see.

#42 · (Edited)
They are both great guns. The .45ACP (with my G21SF) is just like a mellow pop, while the 10mm (in my G29, and my friend's G29SF and G20SF) is more of a mellow kick, if that makes sense. They are both pretty smooth recoiling, but the 10mm has a good bit more push (with full-power loads). I think snap or flip is about the same. With the G29/G29SF, you get a good bit more recoil and flip, but it's still VERY controllable. The G20SF, on the other hand, is such a big *****cat. You definitely know you're shooting something with lots of power, but the full grip and the added mass make it much smoother. Recoil with the G20SF is not much more than .45ACP+P in the G21SF, even with the hot stuff. A lot depends on the powder, too. Some powders tend to be a bit snappier, but I would never really call 10mm recoil snappy.

It's amazing how much the G20SF tames the recoil. After buying a G29SF to complement his G20SF, my friend said he wanted to put up the G20SF for a while to shoot the G29SF. He said it was because the G20SF really tames the recoil so much. With the G29s, you really know you're shooting something with some power. Another aspect that doesn't get mentioned is the noise. The 10mm guns are so much louder. And they have a deep, cannon-like report. It's a really unique experience with an automatic, and that's what makes them so fun. You will never leave the range with sore hands after shooting 10mm. I usually shoot at least 300 rounds, and almost all are always full-power. It won't numb your hand or anything.

The accuracy of 10mm is exceptional, especially at long range. We were at the range the other day, and we started shooting at a 12oz. water bottle out on the berm at 125 yards, just for fun. We never dreamed we would hit it. It was amazing. At that range, we were aiming right at it. We didn't even have to hold high with the sights. All of our shots were within about 12" of the bottle, and my friend hit it once. I never got lucky (we were low on ammo, and wasted the last of it on this). But I would be confident that I could hit a man-sized target at that range 8 out of 10 times, and I don't think I'm that great of a shot. There was no appreciable bullet drop, and this was all with a 3.78" barrel and factory polymer sights. While I didn't shoot the G21SF on that trip, I've shot at a 1"x2" railroad sign at 130 yards before, and had to hold the front post about 70% above the rear just to get close. Bullet drop was noticeably greater. Shots out to 75 yards on a milk-jug sized target are not very hard with 10mm.

The last thing I'll say about 10mm is that its versatility is amazing. You can buy standard 10mm range ammo that will have less felt recoil than .40S&W, but still more power, due to the slide mass. With my reloads, I shoot anything from 180gr bullets at 850fps to 1300fps. A range of 450fps with that bullet weight is awesome. Sorry for the long response.

Wow, thanks for the very informative response. I am very intrigued about the 10mm, if I ever start reloading on the top of my list will be a pistol chambered in it(hell, thats almost a reason to reload from everything that I have heard!)

It is just, I am torn about the type of 10mm I would want. I don't think I would ever give up the .45(g21sf) for personal defense, as I am so accustomed to the recoil and have an extrememely high amount of confidence in it in the manner. But, I just think a 10mm would be fun to plink with, especially with versital nature of the round, its almost like having multiple calibers in one gun! Now, I really like the Colt Delta Elite, and I think having a 1911 for the range would be fantastic, just with the trigger pull that 1911's inherently have.

With the Glock though, I mean you literally have multiple calibers in one gun, not only do you have the 10mm, but you have the option of .357sig, .40sw, and 9x25mm. I dont see this something I will do in the very near future, as the are many other things I want to buy before I even consider going with the 10mm(.22 rifle, revolver(prolly .22 as well), and a cz or a baretta. But it is def. on my list. And on another note, the 10mm would double as a sidearm for the woods.

Oh, and one more thing. Something I have always been meaning to ask out of curiosity, is how do the 10mm conversions work. I know the .357 and .40 rounds are designed for the smaller g17 sized pistold..So wouldnt the magazine be smaller? How does it fit inside the g20? Do they make special conversion mags for it, or do you put the rounds in the g20 mag...or do they just stay in as is? Thanks.

#43 ·
Oh, and one more thing. Something I have always been meaning to ask out of curiosity, is how do the 10mm conversions work. I know the .357 and .40 rounds are designed for the smaller g17 sized pistold..So wouldnt the magazine be smaller? How does it fit inside the g20? Do they make special conversion mags for it, or do you put the rounds in the g20 mag...or do they just stay in as is? Thanks.
Since .40S&W is the same diameter as 10mm, just shorter, and the majority of the .357Sig case is the same also, you can use the G20 mags reliably. The rounds just sit deep in the magazine, but tons of people do the conversions, and I've never heard of a problem. The .40S&W or .357Sig mags might not work, since they are shorter, front to back. 9x25Dillon is the same thing, it works in the G20 mags since it's a necked down 10mm. You can also convert them to 9mm Luger with good success. A guy in the 10Ring (Leadslinger13) has a LWD 10-9 conversion barrel for his G20. He just uses the G20 mags, and has 100% reliability. That's crazy.

To address the OP, tonight, I am loading some .45ACP and 10mm for the range tomorrow. I'm loading up some 230gr JHPs at about 900fps for the G21SF (200 rounds), and a bunch of stuff for the 10mm G29. I've got some 135gr Nosler JHPs at just under 1600fps, some 155gr Gold Dots at 1390fps, some 155gr XTPs at 1400fps, and some 200gr XTPs at about 1200fps. I might also make some 155gr XTPs at 1100fps or so for some light rounds.

#44 · (Edited)
Wow, thanks for the very informative response. I am very intrigued about the 10mm...

It is just, I am torn about the type of 10mm I would want. I don't think I would ever give up the .45(g21sf) for personal defense, as I am so accustomed to the recoil and have an extrememely high amount of confidence in it in the manner.
I am very sure you would replace your Glock 21-SF with a Glock 20-SF if you ever purchased one. The 10mm is so much better than the .45 ACP, it would only be a matter of time.

With the Glock though, I mean you literally have multiple calibers in one gun, not only do you have the 10mm, but you have the option of .357sig, .40sw, and 9x25mm.

Oh, Something I have always been meaning to ask out of curiosity, is how do the 10mm conversions work. I know the .357 and .40 rounds are designed for the smaller g17 sized pistold..So wouldnt the magazine be smaller? How does it fit inside the g20? Do they make special conversion mags for it, or do you put the rounds in the g20 mag...or do they just stay in as is? Thanks.
The reason the Caliber Coversions work is because the case heads are the same for all of those rounds. The 10mm, .40S&W, and the .357 SIG all use the standard Glock 20 magazines, because the cases are all the same diameter.

#45 ·
I am very sure you would replace your Glock 21-SF with a Glock 20-SF if you ever purchased one. The 10mm is so much better than the .45 ACP, it would only be a matter of time.
I doubt that, dont get me wrong, maybe it would replace it in application one day. But I could never get rid of my 21sf. After firearms for the past several years being nothing but an issues piece of government property, the 21sf was the first gun the I ever owned, and being that it is such a big hobby and passion of mine, it will always have a big part of my heart.

On top of that, dont get me wrong, I know the 10mm is supremely powerful, and in a quote of this one magazine I was just reading(cant remember the name) but they were doing an article on the 10mm round, and they said by def., it is essiantly a magnum round. But at the end of the day, it is still a pistol round, and while it is capable of producing near 800ft/lbs of energy, double that of the average .45, it is still a pistol rounds, and even most tactical rifles, many times trippling the energy of the 10mm, often take multiple shots to neutralize a threat. Therefore, the best self defence pistol, in my opinion, is the one that you can put multiple shots on target in the quickest amount of time.

Even if I dd become quit proficiant with the 10mm round, just beause of my history with the .45acp, I dont feel like I would be near as comfortable with it. And, seeing as the chances of defence are so low in the civilian world, what you makes you the most comfortable is the best option. Escpecially because, in the extreme offchance that something did happen where you had to defend yourself, your nerves would be almost as big of a threat as the threat, as you would have to make your shots count.

This is why I believe that the round that someone is most comfortable with and best with is the best option for defense. I mean, most of the defense stories that I have heard, especially as far as home intrusions go, were done with .22 rifles and revolvers. Its all about making your shots count. With that being said, if you are skilled and confident with the 10mm and can put multiple shots on target, well hell, lets just say it could be a bad day for somebody.

#47 ·
Carried my G19 to the range, shot several mags of 147gr Ranger T's, that I recently bought a case of, through it into a nice tight group. Reloaded, and put it back into my IWB holster and left, feeling pretty good about my new SD ammo. :cool:

#48 ·
Spent last weekend in Byers Colorado shooting silhouettes. So today I am going to clean my Glock with some CLP, put some Gun Butter on her and reload some more 9mm.

#50 ·
Said good bye to my 27, as I left the bedroom, this morning ,to go to work on a military base, unarmed, 30 minutes, each way :steamed:
I could hear it wimpering from inside it's night stand drawer safe :crying:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.