What caused the Big Bang?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Geko45, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

And the brief moment of mutual respect passes and we find ourselves right back in the mud.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Creationism.

Randy

3. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Getting this stuff completely backwards is kind of his forte.

Randy

4. Your inability to understand it or refusal to acknowledge it makes it no less accurate. What "Caused" God?

Who designed the designer?

Were it left up to the uneducated... it'd be God.

5. You'll just have to watch the movie.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwntbsRIYNs"]THE BIG BANG trailer -- starring Antonio Banderas - YouTube[/ame]

6. I was reading this at work today.

It is an awesome time to be alive.

As one who has just freed himself from the "goat herder's religion", just wanted to say I am enjoying your input here.

+1

7. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

And because I know exactly which "wide path" you speak of as a former christian, what percentage of the population do you think looks to relativistic elementary particle physics for its explanation of the origins of the universe? How does that contrast against the nearly 2 billion people that ascribe to creationism?

8. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

You're welcome. It wasn't that long ago for me either. If you find yourself needing someone to talk to then just drop me a pm.

:wavey:

9. Agreed. Not being a scientist I find his input most helpful.

10. Too many beans mixed with broccoli. God is Mexican, we are his chosen people. Don't hate, we have room for you too.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

11. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

Now you are being intellectually dishonest. Your previous input reveals the utter lack of respect you have for any of the adherents to the "goat herder religion". You are also proving your complete ignorance; Christ was not a goat herder.

Isn't the mud from where you sprang "just because"? At least I had the breath of spirit and life breathed into me. Regardless, we shall both return to dust. I will be living large and you will be weeping and gnashing your teeth.

12. Green_Manelishi

I have no idea "what percentage" but any more than 0% is a shame.

Did you ever stop to consider that all this "evidence" of "elementary particle physics" which you believe explains origins is simply the remnants of God's creative work?

It's tragic you have exchanged the truth of the Creator for the lie of a creation.

13. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

That would make your god just a little over 500 years old then. Meztizos didn't exist until the Ibirian Spaniards interbred with the local native population.

14. Here is another prediction: A religious hater of this world, will strap a bomb on his own body, made by another religious hater of this world . He will walk into a crowded market with a mix of fear, hate, and faith, and he/she will hit the button.

The most dangerous part of a faith that believes the future is more important then the present, is this mentality that is built on some kind of future heaven.

At the least, science is working with this world instead of against it. Have faith, but don't hate the world you have been given. It is all you have.

#74 NMG26, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  15. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

I was a believer for most of my adult life and studied the bible at a christian university. Ok, for completeness sake, it's a religion of a carpenter, some herders, some fishermen, at least one aristocrat and some nobility too. Better?

What was your point? Did you think this wasn't common knowledge?

:dunno:

You seem to relish this idea. Not very christian of you.

16. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

In the interests of full disclosure, I am not a "scientist" in any professoinal sense. Just an interested amateur that does his best to keep abreast of where research is headed in the fields of cosmology and particle physics.

#76 Geko45, Sep 15, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  17. Green_Manelishi

Better? How so?

For "common knowledge" it's amazing the number of people who seem to believe it's a religion of goat herders. I suspect it's an attempt at boosting their self esteem they are more intellectually able to reject such beliefs.

You seem to be happy to end up in that destination. Not very bright of you. Besides, I am only repeating the truth you have rejected. Not even Christ minced words. Perhaps that's what impelled you to reject the truth; you did not like it.

18. No, you don't get to pull the offended card. We can pick apart your mythology all we like. You don't get to be offended about that by extension. If you don't like someone questioning and pointing out the blatant contradictions and holes in your mythology I would suggest not entering into a place where you might find such things. Your book is open for interpretation. If someone interprets in a way you don't like... tough luck.

We are not made from clay. We actually know this. Don't agree? Put a lump of clay in a pool along side a person and watch the magic happen.

19. Lots of religious people do. There is a darkness in their hearts and they enjoy the idea that those who disagree with them will suffer eternal torment. They'd rather die than admit it. But it makes them feel superior and somehow brings them a sense of Justice. Justice that an otherwise good person is going to suffer for all time for simply not believing their mythology.

Just look at the westboro baptist folks. You can see the glee in their eyes as they scream and yell their mythology of peace and love at people.

20. But you grasp these concepts better than most and explain them in terms that are easily accessible to even Mythologists. That's much appreciated. Sometimes I find myself able to understand concepts but explain them poorly.