close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What book's on your nightstand now?

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by Vic303, Oct 10, 2004.

1. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Indiana
    Started a new book yesterday. Elmore Leonard's Pagan Babies. Started the book in high school (2002 ish). Put it down then, but wanted to finish it. 10 years later, I am!

2. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

Feb 10, 2005
    Deer Park, Texas
    Never thought I'd find myself in THIS situation. I finished James Lee Burke's Feast Day Of Fools last night. Took it to the Library this morning to return it and pick a couple more that I haven't read yet. This is the best Burke book I've read. It isn't a Dave Robicheaux book but it is a good one. That Burke is one far out dude!

Big sign on the door: LIBRARY CLOSED TODAY FOR REMODELING. WILL REOPEN TOMORROW FOR REGULAR HOURS.

Looks like I'll have to dig up a few old issues of gun magazines to read myself to sleep with tonight.

Such is life. Sigh................ But I'll be back in bidness tomorrow night don'tcha know.

3. HiVel

HiVel HiVel

Mar 26, 2003
    Leeds, AL
    Reading John Le Carre's" Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" (again, I think) and a Ludlum by Paul Garrison -"The Janson Command" which is pretty good spy stuff. Oh Me, I am back into my old habits again!! Love it!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  4. I'm currently reading "All In: The Education of David Petraeus". Great, great book.

5. Buck4max

Buck4max

Apr 18, 2007
    Tuscaloosa, Al
    Just finished "Beyond Band of Brothers" and now reading "The Nightingale's Song".

6. HiVel

HiVel HiVel

Mar 26, 2003
    Leeds, AL
    have you tried my favorite NyQuil drink?? It is 3 oz Cherry NyQuil over ice with 3oz of Scotch-night, night.

7. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX AZ
    Oh my goodness no... The nyquil works just fine for me lol.

8. mdsn969

mdsn969

Apr 15, 2011
    Fantastic read, of course my wife just rolls her eyes :rofl:

Can't wait for the movie in the fall.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  9. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

Jul 16, 2003
    Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    By Philip K. Dick
    I have watched the movie several times, I figured it was time to read the book........
    So far, it's darn good.

10. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX AZ
    That's too bad, me and my girlfriend are actually reading it together.

11. waynokarider01

waynokarider01

Sep 29, 2009
    I just Coup De'tat by Ben Coes. It was an excellent book with the same hero (Dewey Andreas) introduced in his previous book Power Down. That one was also a great read. If you like Brad Thor books, you will also enjoy reading Ben Coes work.

12. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    "The Art Of Racing In The Rain" by Garth Stein. It may very well be one of the best books I've ever read. HH

13. Paul Barrett

Paul Barrett

Oct 25, 2011
    New York
    This Sunday (3/18), "CBS Sunday Morning" will air a segment on Glock, based in part on my new book, GLOCK: The Rise of America's Gun (www.glockthebook.com). How will the network handle the issues of gun ownership and commerce? They seemed to do a lot of reporting - accompanied me to SHOT Show, visited a pistol range to learn about the functioning of the Glock. Do you think they'll be fair to the book, to the gun? We shall see Sunday morning. -- Paul Barrett

14. HiVel

HiVel HiVel

Mar 26, 2003
    Leeds, AL
    Can't wait Paul-like your book!! Really informative and very interesting. Thanks.
    Hope they tell the truth about guns.

15. Think I saw Paul on Book TV or such last January or so.
    Good to hear Gaston is still Frisky!!!
    :rofl: