What book's on your nightstand now?

Discussion in 'The Book Rack' started by Vic303, Oct 10, 2004.

1. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Started a new book yesterday. Elmore Leonard's Pagan Babies. Started the book in high school (2002 ish). Put it down then, but wanted to finish it. 10 years later, I am!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Jack23

Jack23 I. B. Glockin'

Never thought I'd find myself in THIS situation. I finished James Lee Burke's Feast Day Of Fools last night. Took it to the Library this morning to return it and pick a couple more that I haven't read yet. This is the best Burke book I've read. It isn't a Dave Robicheaux book but it is a good one. That Burke is one far out dude!

Big sign on the door: LIBRARY CLOSED TODAY FOR REMODELING. WILL REOPEN TOMORROW FOR REGULAR HOURS.

Looks like I'll have to dig up a few old issues of gun magazines to read myself to sleep with tonight.

Such is life. Sigh................ But I'll be back in bidness tomorrow night don'tcha know.

3. HiVel

HiVel HiVel

Reading John Le Carre's" Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" (again, I think) and a Ludlum by Paul Garrison -"The Janson Command" which is pretty good spy stuff. Oh Me, I am back into my old habits again!! Love it!

#1383 HiVel, Mar 6, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  4. I'm currently reading "All In: The Education of David Petraeus". Great, great book.

5. Just finished "Beyond Band of Brothers" and now reading "The Nightingale's Song".

6. HiVel

HiVel HiVel

have you tried my favorite NyQuil drink?? It is 3 oz Cherry NyQuil over ice with 3oz of Scotch-night, night.

7. Oh my goodness no... The nyquil works just fine for me lol.

8. kirgi08

kirgi08 Southern Rogue.
    Silver Member

Single Malt.'08. :whistling:

9. Fantastic read, of course my wife just rolls her eyes :rofl:

Can't wait for the movie in the fall.

#1390 mdsn969, Mar 9, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  10. alphacat

alphacat account deleted

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
    By Philip K. Dick
    I have watched the movie several times, I figured it was time to read the book........
    So far, it's darn good.

11. That's too bad, me and my girlfriend are actually reading it together.

12. I just Coup De'tat by Ben Coes. It was an excellent book with the same hero (Dewey Andreas) introduced in his previous book Power Down. That one was also a great read. If you like Brad Thor books, you will also enjoy reading Ben Coes work.

13. My bible and my Glock 17.

14. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

"The Art Of Racing In The Rain" by Garth Stein. It may very well be one of the best books I've ever read. HH

15. This Sunday (3/18), "CBS Sunday Morning" will air a segment on Glock, based in part on my new book, GLOCK: The Rise of America's Gun (www.glockthebook.com). How will the network handle the issues of gun ownership and commerce? They seemed to do a lot of reporting - accompanied me to SHOT Show, visited a pistol range to learn about the functioning of the Glock. Do you think they'll be fair to the book, to the gun? We shall see Sunday morning. -- Paul Barrett

16. HiVel

HiVel HiVel

Can't wait Paul-like your book!! Really informative and very interesting. Thanks.
    Hope they tell the truth about guns.

17. Think I saw Paul on Book TV or such last January or so.
    Good to hear Gaston is still Frisky!!!
    :rofl:

18. I don't have a nightstand. :dunno:

19. Warrior Mindset
    Just got it today...