close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What baseplate for Glock 26?

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Tony44, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Tony44

Tony44 That Guy Millennium Member

Nov 17, 1999
    South Florida
    Going to be switching from a G17 to a G26 for GSSF next time around and I'm wondering which baseplates are legal to use and/or which ones you like best.

Thanks for any input.

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    The only three legal bases are:

Factory Stock
    Factory extended (#7151)
    Pearce

You may also use G17 or G19 magazines, but only without aftermarket sleeves.

3. Tbone17

Tbone17 "Shootin Steel"

May 1, 2011
    GEORGIA
  4. Melissa5

Melissa5

Feb 4, 2010
    NE Georgia
    I had the factory extended on my G26 when I had it and they worked fine. I've got Pearce extenders on my G36 and they work fine. So, I think it's just personal preference as to which one feels the best in your hand.

5. Even though Pearce are legal, I put all Glock extensions on my 26 mags. For some unknown reason, and like many other competitors, I have been shooting that 26 better than my 34 or 17.

6. Melissa5

Melissa5

Feb 4, 2010
    NE Georgia
    I heard a pretty good theory about why the smaller/shorter Glocks might be more accurate. When fired, the longer plastic frames of the 17/34/etc flex and make the rounds shoot slightly to the left. The shorter frames don't flex as much. Has something to do with the rifling in the barrel. The guy who told me this heard this when he went to Glock armorer school. Of course the teacher did not say this during class though. Supposedly there is a slow motion Youtube video of the Gunny shooting a 17 or 34 and you can see the frame flexing. Found it. The solution seems to be to move your rear sight slightly to the right. :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MdYrwUU0E"]Glock 18 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012