close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What are your favorite tools/gadgets?

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by nathanours, Apr 21, 2013.

1. nathanours

nathanours Texan

Hey everyone,

I'm always interested in cool or interesting gadgets, and I'd like to see what some of you guys have and love.

I love my Leatherman Wave, and have used it for just about everything for the last 5 years.

On the less useful side, I bought a few of these 5mW green lasers from ebay to give out to my friends for $6 each including shipping. They do not come with batteries, but on a dark night you can see the entire beam and point directly to stars with it. They are pretty fun to play with out camping and the like.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5mW-532nm-A...1032?pt=US_Laser_Pointers&hash=item2eb8c71778

[​IMG]

I've also purchased a small $10 16x40 monocular from ebay that is great for finding your hits when shooting irons at 100 yards. If you're sighting in your gun and don't want to check where you're hitting every 3 shots it is perfect.

What kind of cool or cheap stuff have you guys found?

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  2. VinnieD

VinnieD

Mar 26, 2011
    http://www.countycomm.com/screwkey.html Screw Keys. Real screwdriver heads, that are handy when you need a real screwdriver, and not just the vaguely pointed head of a can opener on your multitool. I use mine frequently enough to carry them on a daily basis.

3. DonMerlin

DonMerlin

Feb 5, 2013
    Metro Atlanta
    A few years ago on a Sunday morning I watched the whole infomercial for the Drill Dr. It was fathers day weekend so the wife said if I wanted one we would go to the home center and get one. I thought if it was half as good as the informercial said it was it would be worth every penny the wife paid for it.
    Well I'm not real big on 1 trick pony gadgets but this is an exception to the rule. I sharpened every orphan bit in my drill bit bin in about an hour. Maybe not idiot proof but damn close. I now run the bit through the Dr. before every job. Just to easy and I am spoiled about having sharp drill bits.
    If it ever dies I will replace it the same day. I like it that much.

4. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

5. Huaco Kid

Huaco Kid

Mar 11, 2007
    State
    The internet doesn't have enough bandwidth to list my favorite gadgets, let alone my favorite tools.

As already listed, CountyComm is one of my favorite pushers of unnecessary things that I must possess.

6. JBnTX

JBnTX

Aug 28, 2008
    I only need 3 tools, and I can fix anything.

1. A small hammer
    2. A medium hammer
    3. A large hammer

7. Kevin108

Kevin108 HADOKEN!

Mar 2, 2005
    Virginia Beach, VA
    My Leatherman Skeletool has seen more use than any other tool I've ever carried or owned. I managed to break half of the pliers on it last week. It's on its way to OR and should be there by the end of the week. They replaced my c55b a few years ago. For a knife breaker like me, their warranty is fantastic.

Another item for nearly endless challenge and entertainment is an entry-level guitar.

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Pocket Knife

Vise Grips

Duct Tape

5 pound hammer

Multi-Meter

9. Multi-tools and SAKs. tom.:cool:

10. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Yup!

[​IMG]

Need one of these, too:

[​IMG]

11. The most universal tool known to mankind:

[​IMG]

12. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

Ohhhh...the duct tape...handcuffs in disguise

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. nathanours

nathanours Texan

Haha is that the rubber band ball from the other thread?

14. VinnieD

VinnieD

Mar 26, 2011
    While I'm at it. WD40. Surprised this hasn't come up yet.

15. My wife is a WD40 nut. She uses it for everything. My Dad on the other hand used CML on everything. tom. :dunno:

16. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    A man with a Leatherman and an Ipad has limitless power. HH

17. Angry Fist

Angry Fist Dehumanizer® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    Yeah, I needed to take a pic, so I figgered it'd do.

18. vettely

vettely

Nov 28, 2006
    TX
    Dang it. Thanks to this post directing me to that web site I have now spent more money.

19. I had a guy tell me his grandma used WD40 to spray her sore arthritic elbows. She swore by it.

20. I tried that and it didn't help. YMMV. tom. :dunno: