close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What are people turning in to nowdays

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by m14fan, May 30, 2012.

1. m14fan

m14fan

I"m the head of security at a local factory.Now the factory has a great attitude,reputation,and is apparently a great place to work.Not the big company mentality you see at the others around here with a reputation of being ,well...sorry a h#%l.
    The problem is there are so many applicants they go through the employment office.Every day people come in wanting to put in an application,sometimes 20 or more a day.

Now being the day shift and the supervisor,I see the most people wanting a job.I have discussed this with mgmt. from H.R. mgr to plant mgr operations mgr. and I can tell you how to get hired.Especially if you have a reference in the plant.It doesn't matter if you know all three of the above personally,you have to go through the process.

The other day a two women came up and one wanted to put in an application.I tell her to go to the job center and put your name in,they will callyou later for the application.They start to leave and pull back in,and the other woman gets out and wants to see the plant mgr,calls his name and said she knew him.Now people who know people are supposed to be allowed in,but I stopped her and told her the process to help expedite things for her friend.

1) Go get your name in the pot at the job center first.If you dont they will tell you to go do it or they cant help you.

2) Call any one you know to put a good word for you with their supervisor,and any upper level mgmt. they know,including speaking to the plant mgr. personally.

That is the FASTEST way to get on.She went to see him anyway and left rather irritated.

Now they are hiring right now and have a lot of people they want to replace.I have personally given this advice to people who knew supers and mgmt. leave go put their name in,come speak to their contact,and be back the next wed.(even if I seethem on monday)for an interview,orientation on thurs,and working by fri.

Or you can go see them,get sent to the job center,come back and tell them your name is in the pot,and be back in about 3-4 weeks for the interview.:tongueout:

Now what amazes me is all of the people who look at me like I'm crazy,because I just dont understand.:rofl:

2. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Sandbox Refugee CLM

That sounds too easy, it can't be right. :upeyes:

/sarcasm

3. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

People want a free ride, even in job hunting. The problem with getting a job by name dropping is that people expect to get away with everything and don't feel the need to do the job because they have a name they can drop.

4. m14fan

m14fan

If you have a reference in the plant yes.They,and everyone else around here is having trouble getting people to show up for work.They have been on a hiring spree lately.They have tons of orders and have supervisors begging for more help.And they take internal references very seriously,and expedite the application.They hire 5-10 people a week,with 2 orientations a week(wed and thurs)

Thankfully I start in the plant Monday.I put in my name,had 3 people vouch for me,turned in a resume,and the plant mgr asked me that friday when I started.

These people now days just dont want to show up for work and people my age and older:whistling: cant understand it.

5. m14fan

m14fan

Many people do just that.But some of us old farts are just looking for a shot since the economy went down the toilet.My claim to fame on this is I have to work,nobody else is gonna support me and I have child support to pay,and show up every day.But then my resume wasnt too bad,and I had good references.But those guys got me looked at,nowdays you do what you must.