close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What AR stuff to buy incase of a upcoming ban?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by grapony, Oct 26, 2012.

1. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Would you like to make some kind of little friendly wager on this ? Perhaps focus it on "high capacity" magazines?

If there is a restriction/ban on "high capacity" magazines, assuming a grandfather clause as has been the case in the past, I'll ship you a full capacity 9mm Glock magazine (G19/G17), or AR15 magazine (30 round PMAG).

If there isn't, after say 1 year, you ship me two of the above.

(2:1 since value obvious skyrockets if no new ones can be made/sold)

2. seamaster

seamaster

Feb 19, 2003
    I agree that there will be no ban.

I happen to love where I live and don't need a huge arsenal to feel confident.

Regarding evacuating, consider how many people are affected by hurricane Sandy. How many firearms and ammunition are going to nearly useless from salt water flooding?

Do as you wish. I've been thru it and know better.

3. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Very few?

4. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    I can't take that bet because it likely wont happen in a year's time. If/when it does happen, Obama may no longer be in office, but his justices will.

5. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Wow.

Why the sudden 180 in your position?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  6. Kirishiac

Kirishiac

May 20, 2007
    Obama getting something passed through the house/senate is not something that would happen at this time. However, who's to say that he doesn't sign an executive order that could take god knows how long to fight in court.

Also, like i said before along with others. Magazines and Lowers. You can buy a couple LPKs and do it yourself it's really not that hard.

7. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Jul 11, 2003
    Republic of Texas
    If it looks like 0 might get back in you ain't going to find stripped lowers, LPKs, or mags in-stock very easily.

8. Travclem

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    No change in opinion here, I never said it would happen within a year, though it damn sure could. I still believe it will happen, I'm just not sure when. The fruits of Obama's second term (if elected) will be drilling the USA in the ass for years to come.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. FireForged

FireForged Millenium #3936 Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Rebel South
    exactly..

guns are a hot button topic and most elected officals are not willing to loose several hundred thousand votes locally and millions of votes nationally in order to placate a fringe group of anti's. They have already learned that lesson last time around.

folks, you can quite worrying about some UN treaty effecting our Constitution. Nobody is going to raise their hand to vote affirmative on that one. There were so many red lines drawn by the USA last time, that it made it impossible to include us.

10. seamaster

seamaster

Feb 19, 2003
    no, most would be. salt water is very corrosive. I live on the coast and everything I own needs constant maintenence. most metals left immersed in salt water will corrode fairly quickly.

11. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    I don't think most firearms will be underwater.

12. seamaster

seamaster

Feb 19, 2003
    Looking at the photos of the flooding unless they are in the attic, they are under water!

13. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    There is an overlooked aspect of the "one more vote" fear. The two judges most likely to be replaced in the next presidential term are part of the MINORITY opinions on Heller and McDonald. Replacing THEM would not shift the decisions. The third most likely, Scalia, would shift the court if he were replaced by a leftist judge. The current president, if reelected, is still limited in capacity to damage RKBA.

You can razz your leftwing friends with this: Roberts and Alito are part of the cost of Bill Clinton costing Gore the 2000 election. If the left hates guns in civilian hands, THEIR president made those two court decisions happen.

14. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    If you can't move your firearms with days of advance notice, and you live right next to the coast...too bad so sad, maybe you'll learn from your mistake.

15. Travclem

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    You are correct, it wouldn't **** the decision if Ginsberg or Breyer were replaced by a liberal but it would extend their legacy, or maybe worse.

Just imagine being able to replace Ginsberg or Breyer with a conservative 35year old justice. Oh what a glorious day. If something happened to Scalia, we'd be screwed.

It would also be nice to have another pro gun justice on the court (6-3) with a loose cannon like Roberts, who might change his mind on the issue tomorrow.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

16. So what in the Hell are we supposed to be panic buying again?

17. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    Anything you need to continue to run anything that you feel might be threatened by political/governmental action.

Ammo, mags, spare parts and the like.

18. Chuck TX

Chuck TX CLM

Jul 11, 2003
    Republic of Texas
    .45 GAP stuff. Huge demand for it. :rofl:

19. APERS

APERS

May 29, 2009
    Kansas
    I would buy these:
    gas rings/McFarland one piece gas ring