close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What ammo for my Sig SBR 10 inch and Colt 6921?

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by alfred10, Dec 16, 2010.

1. alfred10

alfred10

May 18, 2008
    I have a sig 556 SBR with a 10 inch barrel and a surefire can. What weight bullet will have the best penetration and nock down power within the max accuret range (about 0-200 meters)?

I have a 14.5 inch Colt 6921 that I want to run an ACOG TA01NSN on. What round will run most reliably out to 600 meters and actually kill something at that distance? I also want to run my surefire can on this rifle but I need to get another flashider mount.

What grain should I be looking at? Im pretty sure I need a specific grain for the ACOG.

2. NeverMore1701

NeverMore1701 Fear no Evil Platinum Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    See the Before You Ask Another Question thread, it should cover things nicely.

3. TimP

TimP 1 Proud Infidel

Jan 17, 2003
    NC
    fine, I will answer his questions nicely.

barrel length has little to no effect on accuracy. Realize that it will have an impact on velocity and terminal velocity. I use 75gr Hornady a-max bullets in my short barrel. The bullet will still have amble kinetic energy to transmit to the target, and the ballistic tip will allow some expansion to take place at lower velocities.

any 223 round is going to "run reliably" out to 600 meters. At 600, a 55gr fmj will have "around" 250lbft of energy left to transfer to the target. For comparison a 100gr .380acp has approx 200lbft at the muzzle, a 9mm has approx 340lbft at the muzzle, and 40s&w approx 500lbft. So you have a smaller diameter bullet that is half the weight of the .380 with slightly more energy. You tell me sir, if it is going to "drop" someone at 600.......

well the ACOG was designed for the military.... I bet that is a good source to base your ammo on. I'm thinking either 55gr fmj or 62gr...

4. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    I must be confused... I thought I was on Glock Talk, not one of those other sites where members are talked down on for asking a question.

Or, maybe you got confused about which site your on. :dunno:

5. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Mo.
    The heaviest bullet your gun can shoot accurately.

[/QUOTE]I have a 14.5 inch Colt 6921 that I want to run an ACOG TA01NSN on. What round will run most reliably out to 600 meters and actually kill something at that distance? I also want to run my surefire can on this rifle but I need to get another flashider mount. [/QUOTE]

The heaviest bullet your gun can shoot accurately.

[/QUOTE]What grain should I be looking at? Im pretty sure I need a specific grain for the ACOG.[/QUOTE]

6. glock22357

glock22357 Got Ammo???

Mar 1, 2004
    Benton Harbor, MI
    No, he got his response right.

These are simply silly questions. Killing power at 600M from an AR? Yeah...right.

The O.P. is either planning a killing spree or watching too many zombie/EOTWAWKI movies and playing too much Modern Warfare.
    Sounds like it's time to logg-off, meet some friends for a few beers, and reconnect with humanity.

7. NeverMore1701

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    You guys should see his threads in GNG, they're just as good.

8. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    The term "good" is highly subjective, especially when it comes to alfred's threads.

9. NeverMore1701

Jun 25, 2004
    Amarillo, Tx
    They make me laugh, which brightens my day, therefore they're "good" :supergrin:

10. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Mo.

I’m unfamiliar with his previous writings, can you provide a link, please.
    I can see both sides of this. Alfred’s post does remind me of “that” video. But, possibly he is a young fellow without much exposure to firearms and has an awkward way of posing his questions and just wants to learn. I see nothing wrong with helping someone that wants to learn.

Alfred, how about telling us a little about yourself and what you want to do with your rifles. Also, I’d be interested to know what you plan to “kill” at 600 meters.

11. cyrsequipment

cyrsequipment Angry

Aug 8, 2004
    Maine
    Certain questions should never be asked, because they might be answered...

12. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    Sorry. I'm not familiar with the OP's history, so I don't don't if he's a tool or not. My response was pretty much a reaction to a slight trend I've noticed lately... I've seen some people acting more like they're on arf.com or lightfighter than what is expected here on GT. I responded to a post that I thought was more of the same. I apologize for the confusion.

13. raven11

raven11

Jan 27, 2009
    Illinois
    he has been posting on General Firearms how he CCW a Mk23, what is the best military backpack, does my USMC poncho look right, which should I buy my AA12 or Saiga 12, etc.....

I don't like to talk down to members with a valid question either, but there is only soo much shenanigans a person can take

14. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    Any rational person would go with the Saiga 12, obviously.... ;)

15. K. Foster

K. Foster

Feb 19, 2002
    Mo.

I spent a few minutes reviewing his posting history.
    :wow:

I think you have a valid point, sir.

16. Petrie

Petrie

Nov 26, 2008
    I'm sure Alfred10 is F-ing with everyone just to see what kind of responses he'll get. I think it's kind of funny. Whether you take him seriously and answer the questions or make fun of him for being a mall ninja, he wins.