close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What aftermarket sights do you have on your 26/27?

Discussion in 'Sights, Optics and Lasers' started by Buildwonder, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Buildwonder

Buildwonder

Aug 19, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I'm picking up a G26 in a few weeks and it has the plain janers on it. As much as I like them, I'm not opposed to seeing what you guys have done. I have a G19 with factory night sights and I'm not all that impressed. Let me know what you have and, of course, photos are best!

2. TriggerFinger

TriggerFinger

May 26, 2010
    XS 24/7 Sights.

My G27 is my EDC. Quick sight aquisition is faster just like the makers of XS 24/7 says they do. At least for me it's faster thanthe 3 dot style sights.

3. randyc74

randyc74

Mar 10, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    Plus 1. My EDC is also a G27 with XS Big Dot sights.

4. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    Warren Tactical Black Rear with a Dawson Red Fiber Optic Front. I keep wrestling with putting TFO's on.

5. Ameriglo Pro on G26 and G34. Happy with the sights on both of them.

6. mildot

mildot

May 31, 2007
    St Kitts
  7. tuf8seconds

tuf8seconds TEXAS COWBOY

Sep 1, 2010
    TEXAS/FL
    Wouldnt it be great if there was only one to choose from.....I guess they all must be good...I never here anybody cussin' any night sight....I have been wondering which sights to get, myself....does anybody have an axe to grind with a particular kind of night sight???....maybe thats a better question than who "likes" what....

8. CBRGlocker

CBRGlocker

Dec 11, 2004
    Plus 2! I liked them so much on the G26 that I replaced the factory night sights on my 19. The XS system just puts you on target so much quicker than conventional 3 dot night sights, or really any sights that I've ever used on my defense guns.

9. RJ1

RJ1

Oct 27, 2002
    I run the Heinie straight eight slant pros. Love them. I normally run the standard straight eights on my larger guns but prefer the slant pros on the subcompact.

As far as sights I had problems with. Personally I had real bad luck with P T sights. Two sets dimmed out on a 1911 I had built.

The agency I work for here issues G21SF's. We had two pistols arrive with dead front night sights and a third go dead some months later. These were factory Glock night sights.

10. If you can find them in your local gun store, you can see which ones work best for you.

All my guns either have Trijicons or Meprolights. We had PT Night sights on our duty Glock 22s and they sucked. When we switched to 31s, we went with Glock stock night sights, not sure if they were supplied by Mepro or Trij, but they work fine for us.

I take that back, on one of my HKs, I have AmeriGlos and they work fine too.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  11. G19 owner

G19 owner

Feb 10, 2011
    North Carolina
    G33 not 26/27 but I use meprolite tru dots. Love em

12. Melissa5

Melissa5

Feb 4, 2010
    NE Georgia
    TruGlo TFOs on everything but my G36.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2011
  13. PimpStick

PimpStick

Feb 19, 2005
    Naptown & Vegas
    TruGlo TFO's on my 26, 27, and 19. Trijicon's on my 29.

14. TroGlo TFO's.

Mixed feelings, but haven't found anything better.

The front sight suffered the infamous fate of having the fiber optic come loose, and TruGlo's customer service was crap, as I've heard was the case. However, one of their local retailers was nice enough to replace it for me (didn't even buy them there).

Also, you do lose a semi-significant amount of sight radius.

However, they just work great in any light, and I'm darn good shooting with them.

15. aveisone

aveisone

Jan 5, 2010
    i use glock night sights. they are fine for me.

16. DaBurna

DaBurna

Jun 8, 2008
    Bama Boy
    Meps on my G26 (Glock NS) Trijs on my G27