close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What a stupid thing to do...

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by CigarandScotch, Oct 6, 2012.

1. Considering my Facebook page says I am a NRA instructor and a rifle coach everyone who can see it can make a pretty easy assumption that I carry.

I find it rather ironic that someone who makes a living as a gun writer would tell everyone else that concealed means concealed don't tell anyone you carry. That's hypocrisy right there.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. AtlantaR6

AtlantaR6

Jul 29, 2004
    I think the OP is over reacting, even to the point of having him delete his post quickly?

Who cares? It's like a 25 year old saying he is having drinks tonight at dinner. OMG, what if a cop sees that and starts following him?

3. redbaron007

redbaron007 Some Dude Lifetime Member

Jan 26, 2009
    SWMO
    It's a big whoopdeedooo about nothing. :faint:

As several others have stated, you post on GT (social media) and they post on FB......not a lot of difference and on FB only the people you have befriended can see it, or those who stumble onto your page, which they would have to be looking for it. At GT, I just go to a thread and see who says "concealed means concealed" to give me a good idea of who carrys.

Since I OC some, many people that know me assume I may be carrying if it's not visible.

:wavey:

red

4. OctoberRust

OctoberRust Anti-Federalist

Jun 15, 2011
    Texas

This.

Even not letting friends know? :rofl: You're just setting yourself up for awkward moments. To each their own though. I guess if the OP wants to come across as an arrogant mall ninja, thinking the world is out to get him, then by all means!

This is also why stereo-types like such exist in the gun community.

5. Yankee2718

Yankee2718

Nov 23, 2010
    America
    I think that everyone I am close friends with knows I carry. I'm an LEO, but that doesnt change the game. Nowadays people are so wrapped up in their iPhone that they won't have a clue. I've never had an awkward moment I couldn't think my way out of. The 2nd rule of CCW CLUB is think on your feet. Evade detection.

6. CigarandScotch

CigarandScotch Fartacus

Sep 22, 2011
    Naw Cackalacky
    I don't pretend to be anyone. I just think advertising it is stupid. Others disagree. No need to be try to be insulting about it...obviously it struck a nerve with you, since you chose to end your little rant with an wise crack and a :rofl:. Glad you could entertain yourself.

7. Filhar

Filhar

Jul 22, 2007
    So Wi
    I'm a "gun guy". I shoot Cowboy Action and promote shooting sports and oc or concealed carry all the time. I'm not ashamed of my ideas or am afraid to support them. If friends or acquaintances have issues, that's their problem. Come out of the closet and share what you believe or live with the sheep.

8. CigarandScotch

CigarandScotch Fartacus

Sep 22, 2011
    Naw Cackalacky
    I may "live with the sheep" in your perception, but I protect my own and I refuse to go down without a fight. My friends and family know what I'm about.

But the general population doesn't, and it's none of their business. That's the point of it, see? I don't want to advertise; I want to blend in. I would rather an attacker be unaware of my presence until he has a gaping chest wound to think about. Then he'll know I was carrying.

9. DaneA

DaneA

Mar 7, 2011
    Chattanooga
    Way to backtrack

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. SpringerTGO

SpringerTGO

Jul 30, 2011
    Look at the title of your thread. It's o.k. for you to be insulting, but not people who disagree with you.

Not to be insulting, but isn't that hypocritical?

11. CigarandScotch

CigarandScotch Fartacus

Sep 22, 2011
    Naw Cackalacky
    Yes. Yes it is. Thank you for noticing; I hoped someone would be paying attention.

12. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Maybe he's not ridculously paranoid. If that's the case, he probably thinks you're a tinfoil hatted nut.

What a strange attitude about guns. It seems to be mainly among people who didn't grow up with guns and got their first one as an adult. It's like you still view them as something mysterious and forbidden. I don't get you guys at all.

13. vmann

vmann Controller

Jan 22, 2010
    DFW
    are we ready to move on yet.....who cares what anyone else does

14. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oct 14, 2009
    I don't make a point of telling everyone or anyone in particular that I CCW. However, I don't hide it, either. If it comes up in conversation, I have no problem promoting the 2nd Amendment.

Here's an interesting observation that I've made MANY times. When I've told folks that I am licensed to carry concealed, almost ALL of them will say something like, "But, you don't actually carry, do you?" or "So, do you just carry when you go to a bad neighborhood?" or "So, do you just keep it in the car?"

So, a lot of people assume you don't carry even if licensed to do so. Go figure.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  15. Maybe I should cancel my order for this then?

Attached Files:

16. McGAP

McGAP

Dec 18, 2006
    Minnesnowta
    Exactly.

17. F350

F350

Feb 3, 2005
    The Wyoming Plains
    I OC all the time during the warm months so I really don't much give a crap about anyone knowing. In fact when the wife and I take our evening walks around the neighborhood I OC, so I don't think there are too many people that don't know I carry.

18. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    :rofl::rofl:

19. jpa

jpa CLM

May 28, 2001
    Las Vegas NV
    Man, you're really gonna lose it when his CCW starter kit comes in the mail...

it comes with this....
    [​IMG]

and this...

[​IMG]

and who can forget this? :)

[​IMG]