close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

What a ****ing Mess

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Top_Shot_31, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top_Shot_31

Top_Shot_31

Apr 8, 2011
    Idawahio, USA.
  2. SPDSNYPR

SPDSNYPR Zippy's Friend.

Jun 12, 2006
    OK, USA
    How did he only get 3 days on the ground?

3. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Bet a new policy was just written at that department.

4. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    KY
    Exactly what I'm wondering. I'm trying to figure out why he wasn't on admin leave until the termination caught up to him.

5. t4terrific

t4terrific

Sep 8, 2011
    A civilian who tazers a 10 year old accidentally, while intentionally pointing it right at him and acting like he's going to tazer the child, we go to jail. Case closed. It would go before a judge, blah, blah, blah.

What's the hold up here. Like usual, cops get protection from criminal acts.

6. If the article is correct, then this was definitely a joke gone south. Very, very south.

A Tazer is a non-lethal tool. If that LEO had pulled out his mace instead, and accidently maced the kid, same ending.

Kid's parents suing? Of course. Policies changed? You bet.

7. mrdann

mrdann

Aug 19, 2005
    WPB, FL
    Thank you for that incredibly articulate and thought provoking contribution. The world is better, now that you have spoken. Thanks again! dork

8. If the tazer was legally owned by your civilian, the story would NEVER have even made the news. You know that.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2012
  9. OFCJIM40

OFCJIM40 Happy Jaeger

Jan 22, 2001
    Chicago-area, IL.
    t4terrific, kindly tell us your profession (if employed) so we can begin to tear it apart and make wild off base accusations.

10. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Really?

You're a freaking idiot.

11. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    I'd venture that he is part of the 47% who pay no taxes, mooch off of the work of others, and complain that his narcissistic fantasies aren't catered to by society.

12. 11A

11A

Nov 28, 2011
    t4terrific,

Thanks for stopping by and adding your excellent contribution; now sit in the corner and let the adults have their discussion.

13. Gallium

Gallium CLM

Mar 26, 2003

With all that stink emanating from the full diaper? No ****ing way.

14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Here in KY, and many other states, that wouldn't be a crime, so nobody would go to jail

Like usual, lefty nuts have to make up an anti-police whine for every thread.

If you want to post legal conclusions, learn some law or at least support it with a link to a relevant statute.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  15. Clutch Cargo

Clutch Cargo Amsterdam Haze

Nov 29, 2010
    DFW
    I don't know LEO rights (if any) when it comes to cases like this. Therefore I cannot comment.
    I DO know that the intentional pointing of a less lethal weapon at a child, and the resultant ND and harm to a child, will get VERY expensive for the taxpayers and/or the officer himself.

16. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    Officer in this case needs to be fired, extremely poor judgement Probably hired due to relaxed standards that we are all so fond of.
    My opinion is based on the supposition that he did in fact point a live Taser at a non threat in a non training scenario.

This display is about as stupid as it gets my guns and taser stay holstere.

Policy? We should not need a policy to tell us not to point a live Taser at a Kid while dicking around at a career day.

17. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Mar 23, 2001
    WV
    Yeah, and I bet there'll be a position opening up real soon.

18. merlynusn

merlynusn

Nov 16, 2007
    NC
    He obviously did something to get suspended for 3 days without pay. But I'm guessing it's not exactly what's in the lawsuit. Since he's already been handed his punishment, the city will just pay it out and be done with it.

t4, you have no idea what you're talking about. Let's just leave it at that.

19. Mattz

Mattz

Nov 16, 2005
    Simply idiotic... he needs to be a door greeter at Wal-Mart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.