Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

What a Difference a Half Inch Makes

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by PghJim, Jul 30, 2010.

1. PghJim

Apr 21, 2005
    I'll post this here because it is the only forum I go to. I have always wanted G31 velocities, but carry G32's and G23's. While searching Lone Wolf I found extended barrels for G32's that are 4.5" long. It does not look bad and since I carry in a Milt Sparks IWB VM2, it does not matter there. However, I was somewhat shocked by the velocity increase. I'll just list some: Corbon 125 JHP 1,380 to 1,430; Speer 125 GD 1,375 to 1,415+; Old Buffalo Bore 125 gr. GD 1,450 to 1,515; HST 125 gr 1,360 to 1,410.

This almost seems like a no brainer, but I have read some unfavorable comments on LW barrels with no real specifics. The price is low, accuracy is about the same as KKM or factory and I have not had a reliability issue. If you are aware of any issue, please let me know because I am carrying my G32 with the 4.5" barrel now.
  2. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr Silver Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    Me too...

I have NO problems with mine.

3. silentpoet

Jan 11, 2007
    This Old Caddy
    My guess would be that 50 fps is a bigger difference on paper than in real life.
  4. PghJim

Apr 21, 2005
    You maybe right, but I will take it. I was just surprised to get 50+ gain with a half inch barrel increae.
  5. xcop

Oct 5, 2001
    I have a Lone Wolf 357sig barrel that I use in my 23. It is accurate and feeds fine.