Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

What 38cal round do you shoot in your RUGER LCR REVOLVER?

Discussion in 'Caliber Corner' started by mikegun, Aug 18, 2010.

1. mikegun

Jun 22, 2006
    wHt 38 cal round do you shoot in your ruger lcr revolver and why?
  2. I am using Speer 125 grain Gold Dot JHPs.

For the simple reason that they were the only modern JHPs in .38 Special +p that the store had when I bought my LCR. I bought it last year probably at the height of the ammunition shortage.

I practice with handloads. I have only 10 of the Gold Dots left. I fired 10 to determine point of aim and reliability. If I can find a box of the 135 grain Gold Dot's, I will try them next.

The 125 grain bullets seem to shoot just slightly low. I would prefer a heavier bullet anyway, and suspect that they will shoot even closer to POA.

The LCR is a great little wheel-gun, with the best out of the box trigger I have ever felt.

3. mikegun

Jun 22, 2006
    i must AGREE BEST OUT OF BOX TRIGGER IVE EVER FELT,and very accurate, its a shame smith does not do thei with there liwt j frames...
  4. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Jul 18, 2007
    I shoot Federal 158gr Nyclads. Have a few boxes left.
  5. GoBigOrange

May 22, 2010
    East TN
    I shoot Winchester PDX1 130 grain +P hollow points. Only because wal-mart had them in stock and I've heard good things about the round.

I love the LCR, but man the recoil is punishing when using +P.

I'm thinking of switching back to Critical Defense(non +P) because even though I know it isn't as good of defensive round, at least I will hit what I'm aiming at.

6. Drew78

May 17, 2005
    I carry either GB short bbl 135+p or Corbon DPX 110+p. I practice with any run of the mill 130 fmj's. Regarding its POI, either are close enough for the intended purpose of the gun. I have a CT grip on mine. Windage is perfect with both, they vary slightly elevation wise, just no enough to sweat over.

BTW, I also have the LCR in 357.. Now THAT can be a handfull!!! It is controllable though...