close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

What 20 gauge shotgun to buy at Guns Galore

Discussion in 'Michigan Glockers' started by sjfrellc, Feb 8, 2007.

1. sjfrellc

sjfrellc
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Please help me pick out a 20 gauge. I've purchased a fair number of handguns at GG in Fenton, but no long guns. Do they have lot's in stock or do they have to order in?

I need a 20 g for very infrequent use. I want the lightest possible recoil in a semiautomatic for in case I go trap shooting with a 14 year old(son or daughter, petite woman(office staff) or older folks(father). I have a $250 gift certificate and only want to spend $500 dollars total. I'm not sure if I want inertia or gas operated. A Rem 1100 would be ideal but don't think new ones are available I missed the rush to get the $500 ones at Cabela's in January). I don't think a 11-87 is as good. Beretta, lowest grade Browning or Benelli maybe.

It may be a stretch, but can some of the youth models be converted to adult size?

What I'm mostly asking is will Guns Galore have something to fit the bill?

2. centennial

centennial
    Expand Collapse

Why wouldn't you just call them?

3. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6
    Expand Collapse

the 11-87 is quite well made. But it fo course won't be up to the cosmetic standards of a Beretta. But they last forever.

An inertia semi auto doesn't reduce recoil like a gas gun.

4. sjfrellc

sjfrellc
    Expand Collapse
    CLM

Thanks Hauptman, thats info I need to know. Maybe I will go with the 11-87. I don't need it to look good, just shoot adequately.

What's worked for me at GG is to show up or call after I already know what I want. Instead of asking what they recommend which is too open ended, I call when I know I want a Browning or a Rem 11-87 or a Beretta and ask if they have it and what's the price. I'm assuming they have most of the common stuff in stock, but I don't ever see their new long guns on display.

5. Hauptmann6

Hauptmann6
    Expand Collapse

BTW if they don't have a youth, get a normal one and shorten the stock.