close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Westgate Resorts CEO to Employees:Obama elected means you may lose your job

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by Goaltender66, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49356069

2. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Awesome -- a letter that tells people to stop thinking in terms of marshmallow trees, and simply face the reality of how things actually work...

Thanks for posting!

3. aircarver

aircarver Ride Continues Silver Member

That's life folks.

People don't have to work hard, take risks and losses, all to have their profit confiscated and redistributed to the lazy.

They can go sit under a palm tree and contemplate their navel ...

4. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    hits the nail on the head! morons that complain what someone else makes need to look in the mirror :steamed: they dont realize the sacrifice that comes with running a business. I dont know any business owners that started out rich, most scraped and saved, took out second mortgages to buy equipment and work around the clock to build what they have.

5. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    This smells like one of those chain emails. I like and appreciate the message though. It sounded like John Gault was writing it.

6. JFrame

JFrame

May 29, 2001
    Mid-Atlantic, US of A
    Not that reporting services are infallible (we know THAT'S not true), but I doubt that CNBC would be reporting this story, posting a pic and bio of David Siegel, and printing the letter in its entirety, if it wasn't for real.

7. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    If Obama wins, many people will be cut to part time hours to avoid Obamacare. This is Obama's plan. Then, congress will have to do something like nationalize health care.

8. Goaltender66

It's verified by CNBC (the link) which interviewed Siegel about the letter as part of its story. I agree it does read a little like Snopes-bait, but in this case it's genuine.

9. FFR Spyder GT

FFR Spyder GT Ex-Gunslinger

Apr 27, 2012
    Hog Jaw, Arkansas
    The letter is kinda funny because due to David Siegel's hard work and efforts they run into financial problems and had to sell controlling interest to Resort Finance America.

10. Kablam

Kablam

Jan 12, 2005
    Interesting that the author of the zerohedge article chose to use the words " threatened to fire some employees if Barack Obama is reelected" when his letter actually is just stating a premise...you know...cause and effect.

And why is his picture important to the discussion?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  11. Goaltender66

It's kinda funny that you either are trying to be misleading or you genuinely don't know what you're talking about.

I mean..."they?" That is pretty vague.

Here's the real story:

Westgate Resorts opened a property in Las Vegas called PH Towers Westgate at Planet Hollywood back in 2009. Alas, the Obamaconomy didn't do all that well for RE developers, as banks became reluctant to finance the purchase of timeshares, at PH Towers and at other resorts. So Siegel, doing the responsible thing instead of crying to the US Government for a bailout, found a buyer for the property and sold it to RFA for rebranding under the Hilton aegis.

You're taking something about a single property and trying to cast it as something entirely different. While people call that "dishonest" I'm a little more charitable and will call it evidence of ignorance on your part. RFA does not have controlling interest in Westgate Resorts or Central Florida Investments.

:upeyes:

12. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
  13. nursetim

nursetim

Mar 1, 2006
    liberalville N. M.
    Ida's about to say, " what? Did he start the company enutero?" Until I saw the connection. I like the term snopes bait. :animlol:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  14. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Maryland
    Bummmer! ;) At least I got the name right.

Sometime a picture could tell a lot about a person. I find this interesting, they have make a movie about their life with the business.

15. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    So what's this one telling you?

[​IMG]

16. Glock30Eric

Glock30Eric .45 ACP

Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Maryland
    He's smart at least he could use his brian 100%. ;)

The link to the picture is bad, when I click to reply and I could see the picture in the full size. That's strange.