close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Went on a little bit of a buying spree

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by dirtfloorfab, Nov 12, 2011.

1. dirtfloorfab

dirtfloorfab fab guru

Hey guys you might have seen that I recently bought a gen 3 35 new never fired (except factory) for my first gun, Its on layaway back home waiting for me to turn 21 and to get back into the state I'm going to college right now... Anyways I've been buying parts left and right for it couple custom parts, c comp ported barrel and rear slide cover with my logo on it
    [​IMG]

And some other parts that I don't have a pic of is a jentra plug, ghost 3.5 pound connector with stop, lone wolf stainless guide rod, ismi 17, 15, and 13 pound springs, couple extra mags, plan on doing a stipple job on it and a handmade kydex holster over christmas break...
    Here's a pic on the gun at the lgs for those that haven't seen it
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the rant in just counting the days till I'm home

2. Doughnutman_923

Doughnutman_923

3. Giggity-Giggity

Giggity-Giggity Giggity-Goo!!!

4. dirtfloorfab

dirtfloorfab fab guru

Yeah I can't wait the parts meet the gun on the 23rd of december

5. unit1069

unit1069

If I ever got a hankering for a .40S&W I'd buy either a G-35 or G-24.

Congratulations.

6. Vanilla-gorilla

Vanilla-gorilla Registered Noob

What is up with all of the post-it notes under all of the gun's in the last picture. JK.

7. dirtfloorfab

dirtfloorfab fab guru

Its at the lgs so it has what all the yuppies pay for their guns ;) lol I got the hookup tho

8. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic magnifi ba$tard

I'd have put all of the $ you spent on aftermarket parts, (except for the custom slide cover plate, that's cheap and a nice touch), into mags, ammo, and maybe improved sights.

To each his own, but sh1t, you haven't even fired it and you're replacing part of the trigger assembly, the barrel, the recoil springs, etc... I just don't understand that mentality. :dunno:

9. dirtfloorfab

dirtfloorfab fab guru

I was inbetween just those 2 being I'm getting my ccw permit I figured I would go with the 35 hopefully getting a 22, 21, 36, or maybe even a 23 for a little more practical carry but I fell in love with the 35 the first time I shot one

10. dirtfloorfab

dirtfloorfab fab guru

I've shot alot of glocks just never owned one myself, the barrel in my opinion is just insurance if I choose to shoot a hp round, recoil tube makes it more accurate (consistent) springs incase I need them with the porting, the 35 I shot had the trigger connector in it which I liked, and I have 800 rounds that are waiting at home with my parts, I know its not the greatest idea to buy all these parts but I have nothing else to do in this state I'm in :/

11. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

I feel exactly the same way. Not to mention, if you shoot a gun for the first time after modding it out with that many non factory parts, it will make it very difficult to diagnose any problems with reliability that it might have.

To the OP, fantastic gun and enjoy it safely. :wavey:

12. post-apocalyptic

post-apocalyptic magnifi ba$tard

That does clear some things up. It sounds like you've got more experience with Glocks than I would've expected considering your age. Regardless of that, as I said, to each his own and you should spend your money however you want. Personally, I've got too many different firearm "works in progress" and calibers to support to spend that much $ on the minutiae of a pistol that already works so well from the factory, so I've learned to love the factory trigger rather than replace perfectly good parts, (I do enough of that in my AKs :supergrin:).

It sounds like you do have a very specific ideal you're (re)building this pistol toward and that's cool. I will be interested to see the end result, and hear a range report! :)

Last edited: Nov 12, 2011
  13. dirtfloorfab

dirtfloorfab fab guru

Yeah, I haven't really ever been content with stock stuff, I just wish I had some gunsmithing experience to go along with the fab work, not that confident with guns so I'll just sick to cars and bikes....and most definately I'll have a range report up after I go thru a couple boxes of ammo:supergrin:

14. dirtfloorfab

dirtfloorfab fab guru

Thanks hopefully run out of ammo by the time I leave:whistling:

15. bac1023

bac1023

16. smitty704

smitty704

Nice brother. Happy early b-day, and hope you enjoy your glock when you finally get to bring her home.

smitty

17. MAGICMANIA

MAGICMANIA

Long slides are cool and it will be fun to shoot. It is nice to buy a piece or two at a time and then put it all together like you are doing.

18. dirtfloorfab

dirtfloorfab fab guru

Thanks everyone, and yes I can't wait to assemble it, I don't think I'm gunna even shoot it with stock parts, maybe use the recoil tube to see if the stock lb spring will work so I'm not putting loctite in the stainless tube 3 different times

19. terdog

terdog

I know that this is an old thread, but as Im waitng my 10 days for my 35, Id like to know how things turned out.