close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Went cheap

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by motorcyclist, Nov 13, 2011.

1. motorcyclist

motorcyclist
    Expand Collapse

Forgive me for I have sinned. I did not buy a LMT, BCM, LaRue, Noveske or any other high dollar AR. After much research I came to realize I'm not a LEO, in Afganistan for a fire fight or shooting a thousand rounds a day in a tactical rifle class. I just want to punch holes in paper and explode old laptop computers (have a few laying around). And should SHTF happen, I figure a desent AR should be able to get off a couple hundred rounds. If not, my old AK-47 will.
    A couple months ago I purchased a PSA srtipped lower and MOE lower kit. Yesterday I was on PSA's web site and noticed most of the complete uppers had come back in stock (have been out of stock for awhile now). I ordered the 16" mid length with hammer fordged barrel and MOE forend. While mulling that over I thought about my 16yo Son and Christmas and wound up ordering him the complete carbine rifle with MOE funiture. I figured if his requirements go beyond punching holes in paper he can join the Army and they can give him a M4.
    These will be the first AR's I've owned since making a killing on a Colt carbine after the AWB went into effect (story in its self). Give me a couple days after Christmas and I'll let you know how crappy they are.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. JGguns

JGguns
    Expand Collapse

If you looked around this forum for about 30 seconds you can see that PSA is said to be a quality budget ar....

#2 JGguns, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  3. bmoore

bmoore
    Expand Collapse

Oh no!!!!!!!!! Didnt you know for 300 dollars more you could have got a Colt or BCM? Those PSA's are gonna fall apart! You didnt know that PSA is not a proven company? I dont even shoot my PSA dissy, I just put it on the rock and take pics of it; Im afraid if I shoot it that it will start breaking. You haved sinned bad, before buying you have to ask yourself WWLVD? (what would Larry Vickers do)

#3 bmoore, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2011
  4. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP
    Expand Collapse
    Inactive/Banned

No problems here. What works works.

5. Clint-M

Clint-M
    Expand Collapse

Not to rile up too many people, but does it seem like being anti-tacticool is the new tacticool?

Just show off your rifle and stop caring about what other people think.

Nice buy, post some pictures when they come in.

CM

6. CarryTexas

CarryTexas
    Expand Collapse

PSA is a good rifle... I wouldn't say you went cheap.

7. motorcyclist

motorcyclist
    Expand Collapse

I did look around this forum...quite a bit. It's called sarcasm! And from my home town no less!

8. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes
    Expand Collapse

psa makes quality stuff. i wouldnt worry about it all. rather id be very happy.

9. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr
    Expand Collapse
    DirtyThirty fan
    CLM

Inexpensive is NOT the same as cheap.
    KISS is ALWAYS cool!

10. rattlehead55

rattlehead55
    Expand Collapse

There is a guy on here that put 7k though his with out a malfunction.

11. Singlestack Wonder

Singlestack Wonder
    Expand Collapse

No, not quality. Just look for the posts showing pictures of misaligned M4 feed ramps on PSA uppers. PSA is the new supplier on the block using unidentified maufacturer's parts and no past reputation of building AR's.

Buyer beware. Save a little longer and pay a little more and get an AR or AR upper from a proven battle grade rifle company like Colt, BCM, or Daniel Defense. Everything else is just commercial grade.

12. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman
    Expand Collapse
    'Murica!
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad

Love my PSA.........

As equipped in the picture below, I have only $1200 into it.....

[​IMG]

13. motorcyclist

motorcyclist
    Expand Collapse

Why do I need a battle grade weapon to punch holes in paper? These arguments remind me of some motorcycle forums. You ain't ride'n a real motorcycle unless it's the newest $21K Ducati superbike. Funny thing is when I'm up in the mountains on my $6500 Suzuki those big dollar hyper bikes seem to go backwards in my mirrors.

14. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454
    Expand Collapse

motorcyclist
    Good deal you'll have many years of trouble free shooting! Enjoy! I feel the same way my mut Carbine has been prefect for alot of rounds. I only paid $750 to put it together!:supergrin:

15. itstime

itstime
    Expand Collapse

PSA isn't sinning at all there brother. Some decent stuff coming out of there.

16. bonehead098

bonehead098
    Expand Collapse

Looks very nicely equipped for the money invested. I'm doing a frankengun build rt. now. I have lower & lpk w/ superior springs, a BHW barrel & brake. I still need an upper receiver, gas block & small parts, a stock, handguard, sights & or optic

17. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR
    Expand Collapse

Unless Uncle Sugar issued you one......they are ALL COMMERCIAL GRADE.

Oh no's, the OP is going to die in the great attack of the hordes because he didn't buy the absolute best rifle on the market.:upeyes:

Then again, paper doesn't shot back. And then again I only know of a couple of soldiers and LE that post on here....the only ones with the chance to shoot things beside paper.

18. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR
    Expand Collapse

motorcyclist,

Congrats, now go shoot some rounds through it. It is only junk and worthless if it doesn't work......or you never shoot it.

Al

19. Chowser

Chowser
    Expand Collapse

I also bought the middy from PSA.

My lower should be here next week.

[​IMG]

I ended up buying an EOTECH EXPS2-0 OPMOD instead of the Aimpoint PRO which was my first choice.
    Oh well.

20. bmoore

bmoore
    Expand Collapse

Oh man it took longer than a thought for the rehtoric.......battle grade:rofl: Want a battle grade rifle? Start with one not chambered in a .22 caliber varmint round.