close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Went back to Firefox 1.07

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by g29andy, Dec 3, 2005.

1. g29andy

g29andy CLM

Jan 28, 2001
    Discovered that when I closed FF 1.5, several firefox.exe's were still open. This prevented CCleaner from doing it's thing. Had to do Control-Alt-Del, and close all the other open firefox.exe's. Allegedly this happens because of antivirus programs or anything that monitors disk activity.

Didn't have this problem with 1.07. 1.5 didn't seem that much faster to overcome this glitch for me.

2. g29andy

g29andy CLM

Jan 28, 2001
    I gave that a try, still had the same issue. Thanks anyway.

3. pyblood

pyblood

Dec 22, 2003
    Mississippi
    When I updated to the newest version of FF, I ran into a couple of problems. The browser wouldn’t even launch. I uninstalled and reinstalled and I still had the same problem. I had to uninstall and then go deep inside of the OS to remove a lot of old FF stuff and then reinstall FF. I also had to update some themes and extensions. I lost all of saved passwords. I am still running 1.07 on my other PCs. I’ll upgrade them when/if I am bored one day.

4. DeadMansLife

DeadMansLife Senior Member

May 7, 2000
    Carlisle, PA
    +1

Only gripe is some of my extentions don't work. I sure do miss mouse gestures.

5. epsylum

epsylum Boolit Hoze

Sep 4, 2004
    Racing Capital, USA
    +2

and I do think it is a bit faster. For some reason my DL's seem to be going at a faster rate. So, so far so good.