Glock Talk banner

Well you asked for it. 650 impressions.

6K views 75 replies 27 participants last post by  n2extrm 
#1 ·
I am almost afraid to say anything but here it goes anyway.

Every case goes into the shell plate with no drama. Pushing to prime is effortless compared to the LnL. You can see why because the primer punch rises MUCH higher then the primer punch on the LnL. Indexing is smoother and easier to control because you can slow down your movement just as the press indexes rather then the press constantly indexing like on the LnL. I did put the roller bearing setup on the press. I prefer the expanding die on the powder measure as well. There are some things about the LnL I prefer but this press actually works a lot more effortlessly so that is far more important to me. I have not loaded a bunch so I will have to report on that next week. This is the press I should have bought instead of the LnL.

#2 ·
Retrack your statement now..lol good to hear, glad you did not get another lemon..

#4 · (Edited)
Your just picky Steve. Go back to a Lee & the LNL would seem like the press to own. I love my 650, but I am permanently stained blue.:whistling:

#5 ·
Yes thats all fine and dandy but Dillon wont give you any free bullets! :whistling:

Seriously, glad you have what you wanted.

Keep an update.

Congrats !

Bob

#6 ·
trouble maker, trouble maker!

banish him!!

#7 ·
I have one as well. Pretty awesome if you ask me (although I have nothing to compare it to...this is my one and only press). Everything seems to work as advertised...I probably have just under 10k loaded spread between .40 S&W and 9x19 w/o a major hitch.

My only complaint is that about 1/4 of the spent primers don't get captured in the bin they're supposed to...they end up all over the floor. Seems like a common problem with some easy solutions per my google search.

#9 ·
I bet he took it apart with a Stillson wrench because it he was trying to get the indexing perfectly synchronized with a particular point in the ram's travel. It's on the floor in 1,000 pieces and he is too embarrassed to tell us. The proof will be when he shows up at his silly hat tactical match trying to pass off WinUSA ammo as his reloads.

#11 ·
You won't hear anymore about it this weekend... he's so whipped his wife is making him take her to Breckenridge.

Flatland wussie.

Jack

#13 ·
Best thing about it was I didn't have to fiddle with ANYTHING. Well, I did have to fiddle with the Roller Bearing Upgrade kit at first. I was told I needed to bend the ejector wire. I tried to do it and had a bad case of PTSD. So I took the bottom washer off and it worked with the stock wire. I am sick of fiddling with presses I think.

#14 ·
Best thing about it was I didn't have to fiddle with ANYTHING. Well, I did have to fiddle with the Roller Bearing Upgrade kit at first. I was told I needed to bend the ejector wire. I tried to do it and had a bad case of PTSD. So I took the bottom washer off and it worked with the stock wire. I am sick of fiddling with presses I think.
The only thing I had an issue with was the block for the slider loosened up after a 1K rounds or so. I would give everything a quick retorque after the first few hundred. I did that on the second press and so far so good. Admitedly I have loaded very little on the second press.

#19 ·
The first blush of love is always sweet. Tell us what you think about her in a couple of thousand rounds.

P.S. weren't you going to post the cutout for the primer fix.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.