close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Well Known Instructor in hot water......

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Fire_Medic, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

May 19, 2008
    The Gunshine State
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  2. opelwasp

opelwasp ZOG/MORON LUBE

Nov 22, 2005
    Northern California
    That's what happens when you want to have good equipment. The gubment gets jealous.

Who was the tool that turned him in and what was their motive?

3. This guy was a Glock USA instructor? Hard to tell from the article.

If true, major unhappiness.

4. Sam Spade

Sam Spade Staff Member Lifetime Member

May 4, 2003
    "Defaced weapons"? That makes absolutely no sense.

5. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

It does seem odd.

6. It makes you wonder.

Though, if he did indeed remove or alter the weapons serial numbers he should have known better.

7. GPalmer

GPalmer CLM

May 20, 2006
    And they'll have a field day with that and suppressors, though it doesn't say they were illegal...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
  8. ucop27

ucop27

Apr 4, 2009
    Rochester, NY

9. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

May 15, 2011
    Alaska
    Yeah, well they could make up stuff like that for just about anyone. Incendiary devices? What's that, a book of matches? Defaced guns? Could it have been disassembled guns instead? Damaged guns? I'm not ready to convict the guy yet. I am actually more suspicious of that reporter, Christie whatever....and the horse she rode in on too.

10. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

May 15, 2011
    Alaska
    Sorry, Fire_Medic, I couldn't help myself.:supergrin: Beat me with a wet noodle if you must. And thanks for the work you do.

11. jdh31313

jdh31313

Dec 31, 2006
    S.E. Georgia
    The video of him running the range & interview was less then flattering. It goes to show that the media will dig up stuff which shows even the best people in a negative light. I was thinking, could the defaced guns be the G.17 "cut away" which shows the internal components of the pistol which he travels with and uses to show classes? As far as the Incendiary devices...smoke and flash bangs come to mind.

12. Fiery Red XIII

Fiery Red XIII Adorkable CLM

Sep 20, 2006
    Minnesota
    My 1st thought on the incindiery devices was flashbangs too. As far as the other stuff, I am not in the know enough on the training/armorer stuff.

Red

13. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

May 19, 2008
    The Gunshine State
    LOL :rofl:

Good one!! But you're on pave to beat my post count :tongueout:

14. scottydl

scottydl

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    "Well Known Instructor" but I'm betting most people here have never heard of the guy. I'm also betting it's a smear campaign (for reasons unknown) and the charges will go nowhere, as incredibly vague as that stellar news report is being. He was a gun instructor and he had gun parts laying around? NO WAY!!!!

15. countsk

countsk

Sep 29, 2009
    Probably an ex or soon to be ex.

16. The "HE GOT WEED!!!!" factor?

17. leeward419

leeward419

Feb 7, 2010
    43.12 / 77.67
    He is the head of all GLOCK training.

Im not buying any of the BS on the news.
    From my experience he is truly a standup guy and My first reaction is that someone is out to screw him.
    My dad called me and told me this was on the news the other day, Mark D said when they inteviewed Mark, that although he could not comment on the specifics, there is another side to this story. My first reaction was that someone is out for him. I am generally very cynical when I see something like this but not here.

He lives in the same neighborhood as my Dad.
    I have run into Mark at the local club a few times, he taught the armorers course I took, and he has been at the local GSSF match. He has always gone out of his way to help anyone who has needed it. He is the kind of guy that commands a tremendous amount respect from his students, fellow PO's and PO/Mil Vets and anyone who would meet him. This also fosters up a lot of resentment in some of the weasels out there.

Based on the character of the man, the snarkiness of the local politics etc this looks like a smear campaign to me.
    CNY, Onondaga County and the local legal establishment in particular has a history of being VERY anti gun, they may be going after GLOCK, you know new national extreme anti gun BATF guy and all, maybe the locals feel empowered and this is how they do it. Hope its not the shape of things to come

Last edited: Aug 7, 2011
  18. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    It's glaringly obvious that there is a whole lot more to this story than the news media is willing to portray.

Garden, 'gopher bombs' are incendiary devices. So are many different sorts of ordinary fireworks. Technically, the grip tape on my Glocks, 'defaces' them.

It's impossible NOT to smell the odiferous aroma of cow poop on this one. Somebody in the local government, obviously, hates this guy. :rollingeyes:

19. OLY-M4gery

OLY-M4gery

Nov 7, 2001
    Southern WI
    I think "defacing a firearm" is legalese for destroying the serial number(s).

Not putting tape on it.

20. Arc Angel

Arc Angel Deus Vult!

Sep 20, 2003
    Penn's Woods
    :upeyes: Oh, yeah! Then, 'Why' don't the charges simply say, 'Destroying the serial numbers'? Things would be so much more understandable if they did.