close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Well Glock....looks like its GOOD-BYE!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Beretta92guy, Jul 28, 2012.

1. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

after dealing with two Glock 9mm's that started blasting me in the face with brass and getting rid of them both for .40 Glocks.....

guess what has happened:BOTH my .40's have started blasting me in the face with brass.......this is with high/low powered loads.....

after 500 rounds in both my 23 and 27 the brass to the face has started with these guns too......both are Gen 3

my G27 was ejecting brass so strong it went into the next county, then after the 500 round mark, it began......weak ejection, left, up, and to the face

both of them have the newer ejectors and replaced the extractor in my 23 with a Lone wolf after i started getting a few to the face.....I had a friend go with me today to just observe this, and while standing right behind me, he got nailed right in the forehead.....and again, not just ONE of my guns, but BOTH OF THEM are doing this......and like the 9mm's i had, this started to happen about the 500 round mark in all of them.....and both of these guns had the "dipped" extractor, which i replaced with the lone wolf in the 23

this BS is unacceptable, and i know a lot of you have spent TONS of time/money on ammo, parts, shipping, etc. to get this crap fixed......

well, i have spent my last dime on Glock......my carry system now will be a Springfield armory.....

it really stinks because i have been a Glock fan-boy for over 20 years, even dealing with a G36 that was a complete lemon, a G32 that was a jam-o-matic, and a G30sf that had the FTRB issues.....

for you guys that keep putting money into this thing and still cannot get it to work, more power to you......

although im through with Glock, i still love this forum and most everyone here...and ill be selling all my Glock gear in the classified section for the cheap......and i cant wait to get rid of anything and everything Glock related i have

sad such a once-GREAT company now builds CRAP!!!...and one of the gunshops i went to today to get a new holster for my SA told me they wont even stock the Gen 4's because of all the complaints they have had on them.....and i thought i would evade this problem buying not only Gen 3's, but .40's

and yeah, i know this is about the 5 billionth thread on the subject.....but so be it, i just wanted to give my eulogy for my 20+ year Glock "career"....:crying:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2012
  2. AquaHull

AquaHull

It is sad indeed. I have forced myself to look at old used and abused Glocks for Perfection now.

3. CypressTrout

CypressTrout

More Glocks for me then! :supergrin:

4. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

you can sure have em':wavey:

5. avenues165

avenues165

Too bad, but I understand what it is like to have a gun that frustrates you. I owned a Beretta shotgun that I loved, but I could not hit with it. Switch shotguns and I would hit again. Hated to, but I ended up getting rid of it and did not look back. It was just not a good fit for me.

I just put a Gen 4 G23 on lay away with the idea that if it has trouble I willl replace the extractor and/or ejector to make it run. These stories make me nervous, but my LGS has guaranteed the gun for me, and I trust them to follow through if I can't make it run.

The issue is strange to me. One would think with the Gen 3s that a change of extractor and/or ejector to older versions would solve the problem. It makes me wonder if Glock has changed something else without notifying their customers. Could they have changed polymer formulation, metal composition in the receiver rails and/or slide, recoil spring formulation and/or strength, etc.?

I wish you well. I shot a 9mm XD and was really impressed with it. Good luck!

6. as400guy1

as400guy1

Maybe you're holding your face wrong....

7. PAGunner

PAGunner

This is exactly why I'm so vocal on here, you read all these people talk about their "flawless" glocks they probably put 50 rounds through with 5-15 BTFs they didn't notice either out of brand loyalty, delusions or too incompetent with firearms to notice convince you Glocks are still what they once were, and the result is you blowing hard earned money.

I MAY consider buying another Glock, but only if Glock truly fixes it's issues, not a BS half hearted band aid fix. It is sad, cause I like the platform, but quality has gone to crap. Springfield, S&W, H&K and Sig are all much better choices at this point.

8. PAGunner

PAGunner

The new Glocks are mean't to hold homeboy style, that would fix BTF, also so would a red dot... And so would wearing a hat and sunglasses, who cares if it's a nightstand gun, just wear a hat and glasses while you sleep and call it a day! :whistling:

9. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

Try a Beretta 92..... I have five gen4s with two with over 1000 rounds and three with several hundred rounds. All five have been reliable and no brass to the face. Sorry you didn't have better luck.....

10. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

if you hold it upsdie-down, and fire with your pinkie finger, it won't happen...just sayin':whistling:

i went glock free real quick. just doesn't fit me right.

11. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Glock has found the cause of the brass to face issues.

Limpfacing.

12. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

AGREED.....the G27 is just so-perfect for ccw.......but the XD40 that i have is about the same size as my G23, and i carry that often......

I will eventually come back to Glock, but it is going to be a LONG time, sadly

13. Beretta92guy

Beretta92guy

sounds like you got one of the good ones..congrats!!

14. mrsurfboard

mrsurfboard The Anti-Glock

Try the M&P, the new standard in polymer!

15. Stang_Man

Stang_Man

No issues with my Gen 4 G22, but I've only got about 500 rounds through it. It will see close to 1,000 in the coming week, though.

16. MikeG36

MikeG36

Sounds like you've had more than your fair share of problems so I completely understand how you feel and with the history you described I'd do the same thing.

I've been very lucky.

My Glocks:

G22 Gen 2 - Flawless. ~3k round count.

G27 Gen 2 - Flawless. ~1.5k round count.

G36 Gen 2.5 - Flawless. ~2k round count.

G19 Late Gen 3 - Some brass to the forehead but few and far between. Over lubing seemed to help. ~7k round count.

G23 Late Gen 3 - Flawless. ~1.5k round count.

Five Glocks and 15K rounds and only a few problems with one. Good luck with your Springfield. Hope it works out for you.

Mike

17. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 Glock 40 cal.

Sorry to hear this. I'm kinda on the opposite end of the spectrum, Ive owned a lot handguns of many different models that jammed, stovepiped, ftf's, and then I came across my G27 and just fell in love with a handgun that performs flawless for me and will always be my CCW. Mine is a gen. 3 Glock, I don't know much about Gen. 4 but I totally understand your frustration. Hope you have better luck with your next model choice!

18. Queen Bee

Queen Bee

I hope that after you sell both of these BTF guns. that you would consider a glock .40 that is older. specifically a gun with a K letter prefix or before..

all my glocks that are L or before have been flawless. pick one up and i promise you it will work !

19. mongo356

mongo356

Color me dumb but isn't the ejector the same for the Gen3 40's. I didn't know there was a newer style? The Gen4 I think is different due to the backstraps right? My Gen 3's all have 1882 on them old & new.

20. RKirk

RKirk

I have a gen 4 G19 that is a shooting fool, 800 rounds not a problem. The Glock is my first and it is growing on me. I shoot XDs, Kahrs, and Browning Hi-Powers. Real hard not love this Glock!

-- Richard