Well, crap...

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by WoodenPlank, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Ryobi

Ryobi SummertimeRules

Wise and well said.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!

2. I much rather prefer the layout and feel of this website, but that's just personal preference, nothing to do with the people/information there.

3. Update time!

The faulty bolt arrived at BCM on Monday morning. I had an email back from this morning stating they had replaced the gas key and bolt screws and test fired the bolt to make sure everything was good. It is now on it's way back to me (it was actually mailed out yesterday), and should hopefully be here on Saturday.

This, boys and girls, is how customer service should be. That makes 2 BCM bolts on their way to me now - the repaired bolt, and a brand new one I ordered a couple days ago. The new bolt should be here tomorrow.

It will be interesting to see how the staking on the repaired bolt looks.
  4. faawrenchbndr

faawrenchbndr DirtyThirty fan

Not to slam another manufacturer,.....but THAT is why BCM
    has so many loyal customers! :cool:
  5. Agreed completely. All of my emails were answered in a timely fashion, and they took the right steps to fix the problem. They even told me exactly what they had done to fix the problem. I'm still curious to see what the new gas key (and staking job) looks like. Guess I will see on Saturday.
  6. Every company can make a mistake, but how they handle it is the difference.
  7. That is good service, but I'm surprised they didn't just give you a new bolt. The threads would be suspect to me. But I'm not an engineer, so maybe they know only the screws could be goobered up.
  8. Based off of their email, I assume they disassembled it and checked the carrier threads, and they were good to go. I doubt they would just slap new screws in without looking.
  9. Warp

Along with how often the mistakes happen
  10. Good customer service goes a long way.
  11. Warp

It does. But if I have to deal with Glock customer service again when I buy my next one (because it sucks and fails), that will be the end of that.

Just an example.

Another example: I sold all three of my KelTecs and do not intend to ever buy another. I don't give a **** that their customer service is great. I dislike that so many people have to deal with their CS because their products suck. But they are cheap and they 'fix' them, so people are happy. Well, some people. I'm not.
    #71 Warp, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  12. My busted bolt arrived at BCM on Monday. Wednesday I was notified it had been repaired and shipped back. The no-longer-busted bolt arrived today.

That's bleepin' fast.

The box was rather large and heavy for just having a BCG inside it though...

This, boys and girls, is how you keep customers loyal. A copy of the December 2012 SWAT Magazine (with 2013 calendar), a BCM mousepad (my foam one was getting worn out), and a fresh new BCM baseball cap. Hell, the bill of the cap had a nearly perfect curve in it (for my tastes) right out of the box.

The staking doesn't look much different than it did before, but I didn't take any detailed photos to compare. It'll be at least a week (maybe 2) before I can hit the range again to run the repaired bolt through its paces. At the moment, though, I am a VERY happy customer.
    #72 WoodenPlank, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  13. Looks like a happy meal for adults :)
  14. A happy meal that comes with hate and discontent?

I like it!
  15. My local grocery store carries SWAT magazine. I like it. I have my SWAT calendar sitting on my reloading bench. :supergrin: