close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Well 4 weeks now....no Copenhagen

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by w30olds, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Big House

Big House Biggest member

Sep 22, 2009
    Oklahoma
    14 yrs and there isn't a week go by that I don't crave the stuff. More so, today.

2. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl
    I don't think about it but I did enjoy it. I tell all me buddy's " If I ever found out I was terminally ill I would probably start again because I actually enjoyed the habit".

3. DWavs

DWavs Moderator Moderator

Feb 10, 2000
    Virginia
    I tried a couple of times but that "weird" feeling you mentioned was too much for me on the first day or two. Almost like I was spaced out!! How long does it last?

4. CorkyE

CorkyE

Jan 14, 2012
    Ringgold, GA
    I'm 62 y/o, quit smoking in '78, cold turkey while stationed in Kunsan, Korea. I had been a casual user of chewing tobacco for many years and quit that in the same fashion about 3 years ago. Trust me - there's nothing to gain from using tobacco except to keep the evil brown weed & medical industries in business. Wouldn't surprise me that in years to come, insurance will not cover any tobacco related issues.

5. happy seal

happy seal

Apr 12, 2007
    Connecticut
    Be strong Brother. Dont get the stupid moment and give in!

6. Steel Head

Steel Head Tactical Cat

Jan 1, 2010
    A cat box in WA
    congrats:wavey:
    Quiting habits can be a HARD road.

7. w30olds

w30olds

Mar 27, 2003
    Braselton, GA
    Yeah that's what I did. Brushed after every dip and used mouth wash. I usually only dipped in the evenings. Not a all during the day. Usually when I got home from work and was watching TV, or playing on the PS3

Sent from my iRotary Phone

8. w30olds

w30olds

Mar 27, 2003
    Braselton, GA
    Man I don't know what to tell ya on that. Mine seemed to bother me for about 2 weeks after I quit. It's the body going through nicotine withdrawals. Although nicotine will be gone from your body in 3-5 days the physical effects take awhile to go away.

Hang in there man! It will get better!!

9. w30olds

w30olds

Mar 27, 2003
    Braselton, GA
    I loved to dip. Liked the flavor. Mellowed me out. I didn't do it much around other people, or the wife at the time. Most folks dont even know I dipped

10. Malike

Malike

Dec 10, 2012
    NYS
    Very hard to quit. The physical need goes away after 24 hours, and unfortunately, the psychological need sometimes never subsides, and we all know how easy it is for our brains to make us quitters go back. I wish all of you working on your quits the best.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

11. Stay vigilant! Three years here and I still get cravings. Nowhere near as bad as they used to be, but there nonetheless. I wish I would have known how nicotene haunts you forever once you're hooked.

Good job. You can do it!

12. mdlott

mdlott

Jul 23, 2010
    I posted in your last thread, Olds, I've been quit from two cans a day for exactly 57 days. It hasn't been much fun, but the gum helps alot. Hang in there. We can be FREEEEEE again. LOL.

13. w30olds

w30olds

Mar 27, 2003
    Braselton, GA
    I recall your posts on my last thread. Glad to hear your still Hangin in on your quitting! Good for you man!
    Hang in there!

14. Caver 60

Caver 60

Jun 12, 2007
    Midwest
    Congratulations I'm pulling for you.

I always remember my uncle. He wasn't a dipper, but he was a three pack a day man. One day he said, "You know even hogs won't touch tobacco." And he quit cold turkey.

Passed a few years ago in his mid nineties. He was still active and in reasonably good health for that age. Died at home. I'm sure the tobacco would have killed him much sooner if he hadn't quit.

But the HOG comment applies to dipping as well as cigs.

15. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Congratulations!

Stay with it. Your mouth will thank you!

:wavey:

16. Averageman

Averageman

Oct 22, 2011
    Did David Gregory confiscate your snuff when he took all of your evil 30 round magazines too?

17. packinaglock

packinaglock John 3:16

May 1, 2007
    Loxahatchee Fl
    I remember that, almost like being in a bubble and the world was normal but you were in your own little world, really strange. The first couple of days your in like a cold sweat.

18. geneo696

geneo696

Jun 12, 2011
    Minnesota
    I quit smoking 5 weeks ago at the age of 39. It was the second hardest thing I have ever done in my life. What was the hardest thing? Sitting in a Doctors office 6 weeks ago with my 49 year old sister and holding her hand while the Dr. told her "You have stage 4 lung cancer, Im sorry, theres nothing we can do."

19. Cdoggsizzle

Cdoggsizzle

Mar 26, 2012
    Midlothian, VA
    That's awesome, one day at a time. The longer you go the easier it gets, you are past the worst of it, don't go back now or you'll have to start all over again! November 13, 2011 I quit, he'll of a tough thing to do, damn glad I did. It helped justify a couple gun purchases along the way!

20. boozer

boozer

Jul 24, 2007
    Hilltop, USA
    Toss up, I'd say.

My Uncle just died from throat cancer, a rough road of surgeries and chemo. He was 77.

Loved that dip.

Of course, 77 is a pretty good age to croak. I'd be happy with it.