close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Welfare/Food Stamp Recipients=Zombies?

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness Forum' started by TN.Frank, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    It doesn't seem too far fetched to equate todays Welfare/Food Stamp Recipients with the Zombies that you see in the movies, especially in the case of Government Shutdown and non-payment of benefits.
    First off, they "feed" off of society just like Zombies and just like a Zombie Horde they'd take to the streets and move through Urban and even Rural areas if they didn't get their needs met by the Government.
    It's very easy for me to substitute the Zombies you see in the movies with bands of City Folk that's lived off of the Government dime for generations ganging up on those of us who have saved food and supplies back for hard times.
    Has anyone else noticed this similarity besides me?

2. humanguerrilla

humanguerrilla

Jul 25, 2006
    the woods
    Doesn't have to be welfare/ food stamp recipients. I was in the local sporting goods store the other day and overheard the "I don't need maybe more than three days stuff, I'll take what I need" speech from a college age kid. I believe this is more and more common and there are more and more soulless people that will be raging zombies if they miss a few meals.

I actually have a prepper friend who buys food preps with food stamps and is comfortable enough to brag about it to me. He works a seasonal job and draws unemployment when off. With his fairly large brood I'm sure they qualify for some other kinds of welfare. He is a capable country guy, into everything, with a big family of preparedness minded Mormons on his wife's side and they might be in a better position than some folks here.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012

3. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    Known as the mutant zombie biker theme.

I call them "targets".

If rape and pillage is your backup plan, you're on very shaky ground.

Its really bad form to be suffering from gunshot wounds when medical help is already stretched thin and maybe ordinary lines of communication are down.

4. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX AZ
  5. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a6YdNmK77k"]Bob Hope on Zombies and Democrats - YouTube[/ame]

6. quake

quake Millennium Member

Aug 4, 1999
    Arkansas, USA
    Worse than zombies. First issue is that they'd be the equivalent of the newer "running" zombies, not the traditional slow, moaning zombies. Slow moaners would be easy to deal with; a large group of runners coming at you or your front door could be a very bad thing, regardless of how well a prepper is armed.

Additionally, these runners are liable to be wielding weapons every bit as formidable as the ones the prepper has at his disposal.

Worse than zombies, definitely.

(Cities suck.)

7. RED64CJ5

RED64CJ5

Jul 7, 2003
    Sounds like a lot of folks around here. Scary.

8. dasadab

dasadab

Oct 7, 2005
    I am on the Board of the Salvation Army branch in a large coastal city. I have worked on homeless issues for over 10 years. About I/3d of the homeless population is comprised of Veterans. Many have significant mental health issues. Many military families rely on government assistance.

9. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    That is a sad fact that our government won't take care of the Veterans that served their country but will pay out millions upon millions to generational welfare recipients.
    I'm not talking about people who really need the help because of disability or other temporary hardships. There are some who's Grandmother and mother were on welfare, now they're on welfare and have popped out 4 or 5 kids(who will end up on welfare) who get "help" when others who really could use it can't get help at all.
    This kind of person, on the government dole, feels that society owes him something and when push comes to shove(like in a SHTF situation) will TAKE rather then do like most of us here would and get into groups so we can help and give to one another.
    I think about what's going on in Greece right now, all the disorder and riots and wonder how long before the same thing starts to happen here. The Occupy Wall Street bunch is just the tip of the ice berg and it makes me wonder how our country came to such a lowly state of affairs.
    A buddy I met here on GT and who is currently serving his country in Afghanistan will be coming back to Crossville in about 3 months. We plan on getting together with a few other folks and forming a group so we'll have "safety in number" and if nothing else just have a few friends to hang out and go shooting with.

10. G30Mike

G30Mike Say When!

Nov 19, 2008
    St. Joseph MO
    I say let em come. Molotov cocktails are pretty easy to make, and work well with crowd dispersement I'm sure. :)
    If I can't use fire, 3 weapon operators in the house would probably do nicely. Me on a Noveske AR, the girlfriend on the Colt AR, and my son on his scoped 10/22, with body armor and kevlar helmets all around. We should be okay for a while at least.

11. 45reloader

45reloader Live Free

Feb 18, 2009
    PA South East
    You are correct and they are most likely to become bold and violent. We are at a real crossroads in 4 years the national dept will be 24.6 trillion. You tell me how we make it another 5 years following this course.

12. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    Well the "I'll take what I need college kid" will give me personal pleasure when I give him an extra hole his his head or anyone else who thinks they are just going to rape and pilage society.

13. TangoFoxtrot

TangoFoxtrot OIF 04-05

Sep 10, 2008
    Nowhereville, USA
    OK... I think we got your point.

14. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I agree. But, just like golfers, if we shoot them all they'll lock us up and throw away the key.

15. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

Oct 11, 2004
    Avondale, AZ.
    That's GOPHERS.:rofl:

16. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
  17. smokeross

smokeross GTDS Member #49

May 15, 2011
    Alaska
    I'm not too worried about them. Seems they will make large, slow, witless targets.

18. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Some of them are fast zombies.

19. G30Mike

G30Mike Say When!

Nov 19, 2008
    St. Joseph MO
    True, our taxes feed them pretty well right now so we might be surprised how healthy some of them may be. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.