close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Welding a stainless magazine

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jasonub, Jul 21, 2009.

1. jasonub

jasonub

Sep 28, 2003
    Philippines
    I have a cracked stainless magazine that needs welding. sino marunong gumawa.

Ty

2. z_e_n

z_e_n

May 5, 2009
    you need a TIG welder para maganda kapit. you could try sa mga stainless shops, yun gumagawa ng mga high quality kitchen counters. sometimes we drill a small hole at the end of the crack to prevent the crack from further expanding before welding. :supergrin:

3. ahtsay

ahtsay

Jan 16, 2006
    why don't you use it for dry fire? :) Would you trust a welded magazine in a match?

4. nra

nra

Jun 26, 2009
    Philippines
    To maintain consistency and quality mags are usually machine welded (AKA computer controlled). You will need to find someone that has vast experience welding thin stainless material. If not careful with amperage setting on the welder one could potentially burn right through the mag causing more damage than good. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

5. jasonub

jasonub

Sep 28, 2003
    Philippines
    I dont dri fire. Secondly its brand new i just had it cut to fit the box and on the weld point kumalas sps pcofsh#@$

6. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

Jun 20, 2005
    To Infinity and Beyond
    try louie samson, alam ko may shop din sya near sayo dyan sa bikutan near yellow cab...or si Tony O alam ko nagweld din sya ng mag.

7. jawel

jawel

Jan 30, 2007
    manila
    si louie nasa kamuning na shop niya, kanto dun sa bpi. wala na yung sa crame nila. sa better living sa cambodia nandun bahay nya at may gawa din dun.

8. mtho

mtho

Nov 18, 2005
    Jason,
    sino na gunsmith mo? feeling ko me papagawa ka pang iba sa gun mo eh

9. jasonub

jasonub

Sep 28, 2003
    Philippines
    no smith yet. diy for now. if i replace something i cant do then i will go for tony. ty sa mga inputs

wala nasisira except for the past few years. bomar na umaalog after 50t i replaced 2 already. cracked my ed brown ambi, fitted a barstock svi ambi.

now cracked Spanish Piece of S%#@ magazine tube. bought another one and kumalas naman ang welding pagka putol ko, %$#%

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  10. ahtsay

ahtsay

Jan 16, 2006
    e kasi naman eh, baket mo pa pinuputok putol. Just buy the correct length of magazine :)

11. jasonub

jasonub

Sep 28, 2003
    Philippines
    the correct length mag tube nag crack. bought a long one to get another 19 round mag, ayon kumalas ang welding ng mga palpak na manufacturer. :(