Welcome To The Go Ask The Expert System

Discussion in 'GATE Info & Announcements' started by Eric, Feb 25, 2010.

1. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

A ballistics expert would be nice.

Just a thought.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. MacG22

CLM

Just found this, Eric. Excellent idea, and a fantastic contribution to the site.

3. pinkertonTJ

pinkertonTJ 9/12 Groupie

You forgot one

To carry WITH or WITHOUT a round in the chamber!!
    :whistling:

4. GreyEclipse

GreyEclipse TheGreyEclipse

Don't worry I am an expert in DA. I've got these questions covered.

5. SIGShooter

SIGShooter Hucklebucks

I submitted a thread and it has not been posted or answered yet. That was about 2-3 weeks ago.

Any reasons why it hasn't been addressed?

6. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

Is this the right place to make suggestions for new GATE forums?

If so...

I'd like to suggest a GATE Forum on practical semi-armed/ disarmed/unarmed self-defense (just one forum).

OK, these are my categories I just created.

Semi-armed: Includes anything you could take into a generic 'gun-free zone' - kubotans, OC spray, etc... excluding knives (or only peripherally including them), as we have a great forum for that already.

Disarmed: Includes anything you could carry past the security checkpoint of a typical courthouse or airport - standard canes, walking sticks, spontaneous weapons of opportunity (chairs, Starbucks coffee mugs, sporks, whatever).

Unarmed: Hands and feet.

We have a great forum on Knife-fighting, and one for self-defense with firearms. Both of those are run by excellent leaders of their respective specialties, and I don't want to take anything away from them. I'd just like some expert advice on how to best prepare myself for when I can't have a knife or gun with me.

#26 Thx-1138, May 14, 2010
    Last edited: May 14, 2010
  7. BRabbit

Millennium Member

...now that I have found this - I know the system better and wouldn't have bothered you via PM. Thanks.

8. WOW! If this is what I've got to look forward to I'm raring to go baby!:supergrin:

9. Tazz10m

Tazz10m Mod Aerator
    Moderator Millennium Member

Good idea, Eric!

10. Is only the originator of a thread allowed to post in that thread after it is answered by the Expert de jure?:headscratch:

11. I have nothing to gain from this type of forum, please delete my account. An expert is not always correct, because a team of experts knows more than one individual.

12. Thank you foe the clarification on how this forum works

13. That is a great idea. The reason for my question here is after posting my question on GATE I received no conformation or acknowledgment that my post was received. That was several weeks ago no answer, no hey we got your question nothing. I was starting to think I had done something wrong and had been banished from the forum.

14. mbogo

Like Aquagear, I attempted to ask a question (regarding lefthand-friendly Glocks) and never saw it posted nor did I receive any message as to why it was not cleared by a moderator.

mbogo

15. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

All Glocks are left hand friendly right out of the box.

16. mbogo

How so? None of the ones I have seen (17, 19, 22, 23, 26, 27, 30, 34, 36) have any controls on the right side of the frame (mag release, slide release).

mbogo

17. Bowtie

Bowtie NRA MEMBER

The mag release is far easier to use for lefty's than it is for righty's by using your trigger or social finger.

None of my glocks am I able to drop the mag right handed without changing my grip..

Same for the slide STOP using your trigger finger if you choose to drop the slide that way.. I always use the over hand method because its the same technique on every semi-auto handgun.

18. Oh crap. Mas is going to be pissed with me. I didn't realize that GATE posts weren't visible until the expert answers, so I "tried" to post my question 3 or 4 times today thinking that it wasn't showing up b/c of a problem with Tapatalk (mobile forum app). I wish I had read this thread first. Newb mistake!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

19. mbogo

Well, I bought a Gen 4 Model 23; I'll swap the mag release to the correct side for me and see how it goes.

mbogo

20. Eric, GATE is a great source of information.

Speaking for myself and (I'm sure) a lot of other GT members we don't expect the experts to have all the answers to every question. We value their experience and wisdom and appreciate the fine work they do on our behalf.

Good show, mate!