close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Weird thing happened field stripping G22

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Andy W, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Andy W

Andy W

Hey guys, I just field stripped my Gen 4 G22 (love it so far btw) and had a wierd problem when trying to reassemble it. I put the barrel back in the slide and replaced the recoil spring but then, when I attempted to put the slide back on the frame, it would not go on all the way. It felt like the recoil lip of the recoil spring was snagging on something. It was less than 1/16" from going back into battery like normal but something, I presume it was the lip of the recoil spring, kept hitting on something in the frame. Not wanting to force it, I kept taking the recoil spring out, turning it a little, compressing the spring, removind and reinserting the barrel, etc. It took several minutes of tweaking things before I got everything to go back together smoothly. Has anyone had this happen?

I'm definitely not complaining about the gun. I put just over 100 rounds through it today and everything went fine. I shot it very well and there were no FTF or BTF issues althouth I think I had 1 or 2 cases eject almost straight up when firing one handed. I don't remember being smacked in the forehead by any hot brass though.

2. Stang_Man

Stang_Man

That's a strange issue, my first time taking mine apart and re-assembling, I had the recoil spring catch too.

There are a couple "steps" where it sits on the barrel, make sure the spring is inthe right one and you won't have any issues.

FWIW I put close to 2,000 rounds through mine in the past two weeks with zero issues. Awesome gun, can't wait to shoot it some more!

3. 125K9

125K9

It's normal on a new Gen.4 and it's not the recoil spring. The next time this happens try taking the slide back off, hold it muzzle end down, and depress the F.P. safety "button" in the slide until the F.P. sticks out of it's hole. Release the safety button and then try putting your slide back on. It should go smoothly. One other thing that works as well is simply resetting the trigger before slide installation.

4. SmithietheFox

SmithietheFox M76Valmet

Is it hanging up on the lip (bump) of the trigger bar? I believe the Gen 4s trigger bar is slightly different from prior Gens.

5. Andy W

Andy W

Actually that's probably what it was.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. Meathead9

Meathead9

This is likely your problem & fix. When any of my Glocks do that, I depress the FP safety plunger and move the striker forward (fired position). Slide goes on perfectly after that.

7. ca survivor

ca survivor

some people are soooo lucky that can fire almost 150 rounds daily on average.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2012