Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Weights of 38 and 23

Discussion in 'The Bull Dawgs Club' started by jeffreybehr, Feb 14, 2010.

1. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr Silver Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    The 38, with its larger slide, weighs exactly 3 ounces more than a 23, but I wondered what the loaded-weight difference might be. My 38's magz are equipped with Pearce +1 extenders, and I load them full with 9 cartridges. The 23's mags have Pearce extenders but just the more-finger-space type, and I load them with 12, not 13 cartridges. With the .45 G.A.P. loaded with 185s and the .40s loaded with 155s, the guns including 2 magz and ammo are only 2 ounces different, the 38 being heavier.

Ammo is loaded with 185g. Speer GoldDots.
  2. Thx-1138

Thx-1138 NRA Member

Jul 27, 2007
    North Carolina
    "I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?" -- Inigo Montoya

3. jeffreybehr

jeffreybehr Silver Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ USA
    You're not prying at all, Inigo. :embarassed: No, just 5, and my hands are quite normal-adult-male size, but I don't like to have my little finger falling or almost falling off the grip. On the 23, the curved Pearce extention...
    [​IMG] just right, but I bought the longer +1 extender for the 38 to get the increased capacity. It's a little longer than necessary for my 3 fingers, but it's plenty OK and when shooting 2-handed, I can actually get most of my weak-hand little finger on the grip instead of below the grip.