close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Weapon lights and holsters?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by PhatAlbert, Jun 18, 2012.

1. PhatAlbert

PhatAlbert

Why is it that not very many holster companies are make owb or iwb holster for mounted lights? Is it that the lights could fall off easily? If crossbreed just molded their kydex to a glock and weapon I would see business?

Posted from an iPhone

2. speicher

speicher

Because, for most citizens looking to conceal carry, a small number of folks are actually going to CC a firearm with a mount light, due to bulk and weight etc...

Most holsters that will accept a mounted light are LE style duty holsters...not meant for concealment.

On that note take a look at Raven Concealment System, they specialize in Kydex and will make holsters to fit a large number of weapon lights...look for the model called the Phantom LC.

3. SouthpawG26

SouthpawG26

With a few notable exceptions (like the new CTC Lightguard), the weaponlight makes a thick Glock even thicker.

4. 4Rules

4Rules

This is a review of Kolbeson Leatherworks Inside the pants Kydex holster for a Glock 23, published on Jun 2, 2012 by UpArmored100

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO-JN2CvknI"]Kolbeson Kydex Light Holster Review - YouTube[/ame]

5. Tazz10m

Tazz10m Mod Aerator Moderator Millennium Member

Good job! Thanks!

6. swinokur

swinokur

Safariland makes duty style holsters for many pistols with weapon lights.

www.safariland.com

7. Liebestraum

Liebestraum

The Kangaroo holster is a cloth holster designed with a sacrificial seam meant for lights and lasers. I have not used it, but I was tempted to try one. Apparently used by air marshals and stuff.

8. MikeSantor

MikeSantor

This is the exact reason I started making my own kydex holsters a few years ago. I Keep lights on all my handguns and especially going back a few years ago, There was no one making kydex for ITW with lights.

Although I did find out, for most poeple leather is the way to go with ITW and lights. Kydex is a little uncomfortable for a lot of people. Some it does not bother but I am not one of them.

9. Quarter Tank

Quarter Tank

Ordered a Raven holster got my 19 and tlr1. From the reviews I won't be disappointed.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. JoshK

JoshK

11. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Looks very nice (beautiful work), but I don't see anything protecting the trigger?

OP...the weapon mounted light is part of the retention in a light compatible holster. You will see that the trigger guard is not used for retention. RCS makes IWB loops for the holster shown below.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  12. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

My uncle has a Raven holster for his P30 w/ X400. Great OWB holster for a pistol with a light mounted, but probably not the most comfortable thing if used IWB. The pistol is held very securely, there is no "wiggle" room. They are worth the long wait time.

[​IMG]

13. JoshK

JoshK

the triggers are fully covered and still allow for a full unimpeded grip....

here's a pic of one with a FNP45 and TLR3.... this is also the older style backing before I revised it to the above.....

[​IMG]

14. kodiakpb

kodiakpb

Very nice...do you have a pic with a Glock? Also do you have the capability to do one with a threaded barrel (as shown on my holster above)?

Yeah RCS sits tight and carried OWB with a shirt over it is very easy to conceal. I haven't found a reason to use my IWB loops yet.

15. JoshK

JoshK

sorry kodiak, I checked and couldn't find a pic with a Glock.... here's a pic though of a slide version I did for a buddy so he could use his 19 or 34 with an M3 light.... this would also work for a threaded barrel.... this one also has the older backing....

[​IMG]

16. ranger1968

ranger1968