close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Weak hand draw

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by NEOH212, Nov 3, 2013.

1. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Hello Mas,

I don't know if this has been covered before but my search didn't turn anything up. If if has, please direct me to the thread if you would be so kind.

In all the classes I've taken no instructor has ever addressed the proper technique of weak hand draw from the strong side. We did weak hand shooting and gun manipulation but no draw.

I'm assuming that may be due to liability and safety reasons. If one were to want to learn a good technique, do you have any advise or know of any good reference material? (Assuming right hand shooter.)

I have my own way that I do it now but I'd like to know if there is a better (and safer) way to do it.

Thanks.

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Lots of classes teach it. I've always taught it at the second level. I'm not home today and don't have a copy with me, but I believe it's illustrated in Gun Digest Book of Concealed Carry. You can usually find it at Barnes & Noble or the WalMart gun counter. Take a look at your convenience, and if it's not there, please get back to me.

Be sure to do plenty of initial practice with dummy gun or triple-checked-unloaded firearm before working with it loaded.

best,
    Mas

3. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    Thanks Mas. I'll give that a look.