close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

We third party voters just can't get a break

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by fnfalman, Nov 5, 2012.

1. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    The rightwingers accuse us of throwing our votes away and let Obama win because we're not astute enough to understand how American politics work, and that we're naive.

The leftwingers accuse us of throwing our votes away and let Romney win because we're not astute enough to understand how American politics work, and that we're naive.

Yet neither the rightwingers nor the leftwingers agree that they're two faces of the same coin.

Oh, the humanity and the irony!!!:rofl:

2. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    No wonder you can't catch a break. You're wrong about everything, why should anyone listen to you?

You don't understand politics. Unless you're competitive, you're asting your vote...for who ever. Its not politics, its math. If you're watching a football game where the score is 42-3 in the last 2 mins of the 4th quarter, what do you think the outcome is going to be? Duh.

So if you proceed regardless, you just enjoy being a spiteful loser trying to upset someone else's chance and usually to the benefit of the worst candidate.

But its a free country and you may waste your vote if you please.

3. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Oh, the huge manatee!!!:rofl:

4. paul45

paul45

Jul 18, 2004
    NC
    What, bored and need a little trolling to pass time?:upeyes:

5. Magnus2131

Magnus2131 Glock Gimp

Aug 9, 2008
    Kansas
    It depends on the ideology of the candidate you are throwing your vote away for that determines what party loses votes.

6. Voting isn't a sports contest. It is one of the most sacred things we can do in our republic. Vote your conscience and don't worry about all the dems and repubs that want their guy to win so that they feel all warm and toasty inside.

"Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost."

John Quincy Adams.

7. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

This...

8. Henry Kane

Henry Kane Reverend

Aug 10, 2011
    Central TX
    Hmmm. I see it pointed out pretty regularly in discussions here, and in general. In fact, I've been noticing more and more people facing this reality, whether they're voting for the lesser of two evils, or third party.

9. boone10

boone10 Glockeologist

Aug 7, 2011
    Alabama
    Third party sounds about as righteous as independent. This particular election is far more important than the selfish "independents" will ever understand.

BTW, who are your NO NAME candidates this year?

Ross Pirogue or maybe Ralph Nader pin...darn Corvairs were death traps.

10. RCP

RCP

Jul 2, 2007
    Celina, TX
  11. boone10

boone10 Glockeologist

Aug 7, 2011
    Alabama

Regardless of level of the election (municipal, county, state, federal), 1st you support the most conservative. Next election you support the true conservative. Then, and only then, can you begin to start thinking about Libertarians.

You don't eat an elephant in one bite. Your precious and coveted 5% is just about the same number of people it takes to push EVIL back into office. Wake up, do the right thing and let your CHILDREN and grandchildren vote Libertarian--it ain't happening anytime soon.

12. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Mar 10, 2007
    KY
    Well, I voted for the most conservative last presidential election. This time, I'm going to vote for a true conservative. :tongueout:

13. G36's Rule

G36's Rule Senior Member

Dec 1, 2001
    Spring, TX.
    Two faces of the same coin.... Hmmmmmm... In other words polar opposites. Two different sides of the only system we have...

How about that, idiot 3rd party voter actually gets it for once.

Or you just heard someone else say that and you repeated it?

ETA: :supergrin: cuz I know our 3rd party voting brethren don't always gets the humor.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  14. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    NC
    Vote `now` *between the `2 that `count`* and are running for the highest office... for "who will Allow you" and give "you the freedom" to have a "chance" to vote again....

15. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

Actually not really... if you get down to the meat and potatoes of it the two parties currently are very similar in action and values.

16. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    Humarony???

A third party only further divides an already divided country. You aren't for the best candidate - you are for YOUR candidate. You are on the fore-front of the partisan politics that destroys this nation.

The best way (and the way the Liberals did it, BTW) is to change your own party. But you don't want to do that. You want to sit in the corner and throw a voter temper tantrum. So be it. You won't change the system. Because YOUR guy is THE guy for a small small small segment of the population. And other guy is for another small small. And so on. Getting one means getting 50 - and you have Italian politics. Good luck with that.

My hope is that your candidate flames out quickly and goes away. I tried supporting a Libertarian here in MA years ago. What a waste of my time and resources. 3rd Partiers only alienate, they never unite.

17. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

Aug 16, 2001
    Taunton, MA
    And ASSUMING a successful (and singular - see above) 3rd party comes along - they will be "assimilated" to the current system very quickly. You don't seriously think the Tea Party people have such integrity as to vote perfectly every time, do you??? That they won't be faced with a situation where it is principal or people, and they'll choose people.

There is both good and bad to our current system. In other countries, they have multiple parties - and a PILE more chaos. (And strangely, these same "intelligent, for the people" parties never seem to effect change either.) We have TWO parties, far less chaos and a more obvious system of alike-ness.

I'll say it again - you will have better luck changing the Republican party than you will ever supporting a 3rd party candidate. Ever. You could go for 200 years and you won't make a change the way you are going. It's either 2 parties or 50. You are trying to open a door you think you can allegedly shut. Funny - this is EXACTLY how some legislators got us into this current overall mess - they never thought about the future - only the present.

18. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Mar 10, 2007
    KY
    Why change the republican party? Why not change the democratic party? We'll all vote democrat, then change the party.

19. 686Owner

686Owner NRA Life Member

Mar 10, 2007
    KY
    Also, interesting you should say this. I guess you're right. I'll just vote Federalist since the parties will never change.

20. GRIMLET

GRIMLET Deceased

Dec 29, 2011
    I king of feel alienated by the Republicans AND Democrats.

I see open hostility between them in congress. They get NOTHING accomplished in a way of a budget or helping the economy.

The Republicans and Democrats openly divide this nation. There is no unity from either party.