close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

We continue to be our own worst enemy

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by indigent, Feb 5, 2013.

1. lawman800

lawman800
    Expand Collapse
    Juris Glocktor

These guys have no business being in uniform anyway if they are too lazy to respond to emergent medical calls involving infants. We roll hot to those calls whenever there is a medical involving certain classes of people who are deemed to be high at-risk.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. WarCry

WarCry
    Expand Collapse

I don't know that it's necessarily an anti-cop bias. I'm sure there's plenty of that, too, but let's face it, bad news makes for better news. Everyone complains about it, but those same complainers are the ones demanding 24/7 coverage of tragedies.

As for bad cops, I used to live across the street from one (he moved). This is a guy that nearly everyone I know knew the name, and other cops I know would hear that I lived near him and would simply say "sorry." I know a few folks who ONLY had interactions with this officer, and therefore hated all the city cops because of the impression he left.

Frankly, I look at it the same as anyone else - I'll be polite and give the benefit to anyone until they give me a reason not to. As far as police officers, it takes a hell of a lot for one of them to lose my respect, because I know a fraction of the crap they (you guys) deal with.

I don't let the few bad apples spoil my view of the barrel.

3. Officer X

Officer X
    Expand Collapse

0100 bar fight/drunks...lights and siren go on at least 2 blocks away. Problem takes care of itself. Roll in and lock up the losers if they stick around.....lol

#43 Officer X, Feb 7, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  4. phuzz01

phuzz01
    Expand Collapse

Ha! I am issued a first aid kit with three or four pieces of gauze and a roll of tape. And my medical training consists of a CPR cert from the police academy that expired nine years ago. When we get notified of medical calls, I am happy to head that way if requested and lend a hand to the EMTs on scene. But for the most part, I am little more than another bystander to get in the way...

5. BigSpenda864

BigSpenda864
    Expand Collapse

So true. They scramble when the five o arrives. Better to let them know you're coming unless you want to step into a full on brawl.