We continue to be our own worst enemy

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by indigent, Feb 5, 2013.

1. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Seems like there are some agencies made of mostly ROD's because there is no accountability or supervision.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. looked like they were sipping expresso. I got a "man law" violation for sipping coffee from a mug at a breakfast shop with my shift partners on Field training. I was told, " your making us look bad, you should put that in a cup!". I'm sure it was because I was new, and it was funny, but these dudes are sitting under an umbrella sipping expresso, dodging calls. Wow, Miami must be a different world.

3. Ship A'Hoy

Ship A'Hoy Trigger Control

4. Bruce M

:rofl::rofl: (and Dade County Public Safety Department before that and Dade County Sheriff's Office before that)
  5. Bruce M

For whatever it counts rumor has it that the whistle was blown by fellow officers and of course it was other officers (Sergeants) who investigated and collected evidence against them.
  6. No excuse for skipping the burglary, and the general sluggery going on... ADIOS !!!

But the devil's in the details on the medical/5 month old kid call. I would expect a news source to paint the most negative picture they can. In particular... do Dade officers routinely go on medical calls? Do any of your agencies have a day-in-day-out policy thats different than the "by the book" policy? Did dispatch give an update...regained consciousness, medical pros already on scene, prior medical condition causing it ?

Did the officer know he was 5+ minutes away and the paramedics were 2 away ? I absolutely haul ***** going to a life threatening medical call IF my getting there can make a difference. If I'm the 6th guy there who knows less than the first 5, is there really any hurry ?
  7. TBO

TBO Why so serious?

Well, they're not on patrol anymore.
  8. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

I know of more than a few police departments that respond on medical calls involving children just to make sure it wasn't caused by abuse.
  9. I guess that means they were promoted.
  10. It looks that way. I guess other officers got tired of it and decided to make it an issue. I can't say as I blame them. I am not sure how I would deal with it if I knew of this kind of behavior. Sometimes it's easier to ignore the problem than get in the middle of it.

I can see not rushing to an medical call if you have no real training and will just be another by-standard. We are sometimes notified to EMS runs just in case we are close and can be of assistance but with a young child I would certainly head that way just to see if I could be of some help.
  11. I've seen officers slow rolling a hot call. It's usually the guys or gals who are scared. There's always a couple in every department I guess.

I remember one time there was a big fight in progress outside a local bar and when I got about half a block away there was this officer just sitting at a red light at 1:00am with no traffic anywhere. I just hit the blues and went around her followed by our supervisor. She said afterward that she didn't think she was authorized to run code so she was waiting for the light to change. I asked her why she just didn't turn right on red and then turn into the parking lot of the bar so she wouldn't have to bust the light or turn on her lights... I'm still waiting for a reply.
  12. Lord

Lord Senior Member

I "back the blue"

Seriously. You guys have a tough job and I thank you for it. Sadly, however, some of you are bigger criminals than, well, other criminals.

It's unfortunate that it takes over 2 years or more to fire the unfits from jobs they should have never had.
  13. Lord

Lord Senior Member

not just that, but in all seriousness... if the call comes in on your radio, you respond!!!

you can second guess the call all day and night for the next ten years, but it doesn't mean ignore the call because you don't want to go or don't think it's your responsibility to go.

If dispatch dispatches you, YOU GO
  14. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Amen brother and if the supervisor wants to cancel you let them do it go to the calls you're dispatched .

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
  15. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Yeah...I knew a guy who, durring a day shift who unbuttoned his uniform shirt and racked out. Not the best thing to do under most circumstance, but a really bad thing to do durring a day shift. All the brass work durring the days. Sure enough, they rolled up on him.

The guy got fired twice for various things. The second time stuck.
  16. I have caught up to and passed marked units rolling Code Zero to hot calls when I started 10+ miles and 5 minutes behind them. Its disgusting, and to be honest - terrifying to think that if I get in DEEP, that some of the people I'm gonna be screaming for help from are too effing afraid to go.

Sad thing is, these cowards promote faster than the people with real guts. Of course anyone with more than 2 days on the road realizes this ... but still, I need to rant/vent.
  17. Bruce M

They should have had an ambu bag, automatic defibrillator (perhaps not for a five year old) some stuff to stop serious bleeding and the training to do those kinds of first aid activities that can save a life prior to Fire Rescue arriving. If Rescue or another unit arrives the responding officer can be/usually is slowed down.
  18. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

We all know guys like this and supervisors that allow it to occur. We have a handful of those folks at my job and everyone knows who they are, what they do, and who their bosses are that allow it, and yet they're allowed to continue. Good on these folks for bringing it to light. We've got plenty of drones and dead weight in this job.
  19. You should run for congress!!!

There are lazy ****s in every profession Look at our president for example

I worked a trucking company when I was young (teamsters)
    Laziest folks I have ever seen. I was a casual.
    I have had 2x4s thrown at me for working to hard...:dunno:

One night on the shift before me one of the guys had a massive heart attack in a trailer and died!
    half way through the shift someone finally noticed he had not moved and checked on him...
    The guy sat there for 3-4 hours dead and no one thought it was strange he had not moved..... they thought he was just reading the paper like normal! :upeyes:

I think most people know cops like this are the exception not the rule, that's why it makes the news when it happens.