Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Watertown search videos are surfacing!

Discussion in 'Civil Liberties Issues' started by G19G20, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. willy1094

Feb 11, 2002
    :wow: Looks like it was more than just a "can we have a look around?" :shocked:
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  2. frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    The lady said "It was terrifying, but every single one of them apologized for the inconvenience."
  3. IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    You know... I'm not sure what to think.. but especially that first search.. that looked like they believed he might be in there (a tip?).... Notice the officer in the street with his gun out on a window as the team made entry, and they were yelling at someone to get out of the window.... Now if you know the team is coming to search your house, why the heck are you standing in the window? If you're a smart head of household, have everyone in the living room and open the door when they come up... don't make them trounce through the house looking for someone they really don't need to be looking for.

I'm not saying the police didn't violate some rights during all this (odds are, they probably did).. however... I'm gonna give them a little slack given the circumstances.
  4. M&P Shooter

M&P Shooter Metal Member

Jul 19, 2009
    Phila, PA
    Nice way to treat law abiding citizens:steamed:
  5. IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Yeah, flog em all!

Here's one that had the audacity, during the LOCKDOWN, to go get a family with children some milk.

Like I said, I don't doubt for a second some rights were trampled during all this.. but as citizens of a free country, we have to understand that sometimes idiots will abuse the freedoms we have and do stupid things (throw grenades at police, high speed chases, etc.).. this is going to understandably put them on edge. I know, I know.. "he who gives up a little freedom.."

Even what I've seen of the MA officers, still doesn't compare to some of the confiscations, etc.. I saw during Katrina.

I'm not saying they handled all this perfectly, but I believe MA LE as a whole deserves a big round of applause for how they handled everything that happened.
  6. frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    I don't know how people can expect police to act like it's it's a friendly social call when they are trying to find a terrorist who might be in your house preparing to kill everybody.
  7. Fear Night

Fear Night NRA Life Member

Dec 18, 2005
    Sweet Home Alabama
    If ya ain't got nothing to hide :freak:

Welcome to Obama's America.
  8. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Sep 6, 2001
    "Government is Not Reason, It is Not Eloquent, It IS Force..." -- G.W.

It looks to be white hot at the tip of that spear for all involved. Great restraint on all parties part. It sooo could have turned into a different dynamic in a heartbeat.

Sad & sorta glad it all turned out as it ended I suppose.

Look at the terror, mayhem and anger a couple of humans caused this past week and local response... amazing self control and response by all, immediate and overall superb.
  9. willie_pete

willie_pete NRA Life Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Sunny Fla
    Let everyone have guns in Boston/MA and the police would not have to be doing this. Problem solved.

10. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    wow, all this for one 19 year old? what if it had been a squad of 10 not running from but, fighting? tactical nukes? lol!
  11. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

Too bad.

So sad.

They got the scumbag Muslim terrorist before he killed and maimed any more innocent people.

Unfortunately they ruffled some GT feathers.

Too bad.

So sad.

Happyguy :)
  12. uz2bUSMC

uz2bUSMC 10mm defender

Oct 21, 2005
    J-Ville NC
    Age is not relevant, the intent, capability, and oportunity for that individual to use his gun and/or explosives on anyone is.
  13. sheriff733

sheriff733 NRA LIFE MEMBER

Nov 4, 2007
    What if the Muslim was standing behind the door with a pistol to your wife's/kid's head telling you to say everything is good since he knows they are going to leave if you say that?

Then what?

Would you rather him not even try to hide in your house because he knows that regardless of what you say, they are going to check the house, or would you rather risk your family's safety because by God, the police can't search my house if I don't allow them to, especially in this rather extreme circumstance?
  14. Z71bill

Feb 19, 2007
  15. pag23

Jul 28, 2008
    Eastern PA

From what I heard and have seen in videos, I believe LE acted very professional due to the circumstances. I didn't hear about LE knocking down doors or breaking into houses or structures.
  16. Mayhem like Me

Mayhem like Me Semper Paratus

Mar 13, 2001
    Not a chance
    Please stop making sense this is GNG ain't nobody got time for that......
  17. Drain You

Drain You NRA member

Apr 25, 2012

I always knew that John McCain was a good guy.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.