WASR 10 question

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by fendertele87, Jan 22, 2013.

1. So I just got a wasr 10. Traded a buddy a guitar for it. There's not a lot of magazine wobble and the sight is pretty strait. The one thing I noticed was that the "gas tube" (if that's the correct word) had a little wobble to it. I haven't heard to much about this. Is this normal as well? What would be causing it? I'm going to clean it soon and then take it out to shoot. He bought it about 4 years ago and has never cleaned it or fired it. Any who...just curious about the "gas tube" issue.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    wasr 10 questions The Kalashnikov Klub Jul 29, 2012
    WASR Furniture Questions The Kalashnikov Klub Dec 8, 2010
    WASR question The Kalashnikov Klub Apr 6, 2010
    WASR-10 Question The Kalashnikov Klub Feb 14, 2010
    Golden Tiger Failure to Extract in New WASR The Kalashnikov Klub Sep 1, 2015

3. No problem. Sometimes they are as tight as Pelosi's patooty, sometimes as loose as a liberal's spending of other people's money.

Think of it as more of a piston-rod-guide-tube as it is not an AR-like gas tube. In fact, an AK will still function without it being in place.

4. I used to have a WASR10 and I had to do a lot of work to it to get it in working order. They are put together by chimps, so the fitting is terrible. My magazines had to be modified to fit, then they wobbled like crazy. Despite the mess of a build that it was, it never failed to fire.