close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

WASR 10 question

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by fendertele87, Jan 22, 2013.

1. fendertele87

fendertele87

Apr 7, 2011
    So I just got a wasr 10. Traded a buddy a guitar for it. There's not a lot of magazine wobble and the sight is pretty strait. The one thing I noticed was that the "gas tube" (if that's the correct word) had a little wobble to it. I haven't heard to much about this. Is this normal as well? What would be causing it? I'm going to clean it soon and then take it out to shoot. He bought it about 4 years ago and has never cleaned it or fired it. Any who...just curious about the "gas tube" issue.

2. WASRfan

WASRfan

Jan 23, 2008
    West PA
    No problem. Sometimes they are as tight as Pelosi's patooty, sometimes as loose as a liberal's spending of other people's money.

Think of it as more of a piston-rod-guide-tube as it is not an AR-like gas tube. In fact, an AK will still function without it being in place.

3. p01ic3m4n

p01ic3m4n

Sep 27, 2002
    Texas
    I used to have a WASR10 and I had to do a lot of work to it to get it in working order. They are put together by chimps, so the fitting is terrible. My magazines had to be modified to fit, then they wobbled like crazy. Despite the mess of a build that it was, it never failed to fire.