Was Jesus Married?

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by FCoulter, Jun 9, 2012.

1. #1 FCoulter, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  2. NO!

The transference of sin, from mankind to Jesus, would have only worked if Jesus was without sin and totally sinless.

...And we know that ALL married men have sinned.:rofl:

3. Tilley

Tilley Man of Steel

You have way too much time on your hands Fred. How long did it take to write that paper?

4. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

At least they're all guilty of bigamy, which is a sin.

Assuming you use the common definition of bigamy as having one wife too many...

Randy

#4 steveksux, Jun 9, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  5. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless
    CLM
    1. Project Mayhem

Bazinga!

6. No but I'm pretty sure he was banging a hooker.

7. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

He didn't. The actual Fred did.

8. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

33 year old virgin :tongueout:

9. Stop it Sheldon!

10. Kingarthurhk

[​IMG]

#10 Kingarthurhk, Jun 10, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  11. Kingarthurhk

[​IMG]

12. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot
    CLM

Aren't we all?

:whistling:

13. Meh. I saw Da Vinci Code and stopped reading. That book is the Catholic equivalent of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion.

14. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

Christ could not have been married because falling in love, getting married and fornicating with one's wife is a sin. :faint:

15. Jesus:
    "Not all can accept this word, but only those to whom it is granted. Some are incapable of marriage because they were born so; some, because they were made so by others; some, because they have renounced marriage for the sake of the kingdom of God. Whoever can accept this ought to accept it" (Matt. 19:11–12).

Paul:
    "To the unmarried and the widows I say that it is well for them to remain single as I am. But if they cannot exercise self-control, they should marry. For it is better to marry than to be aflame with passion" (1 Corinthians 7:8-9).

"Are you free from a wife? Do not seek marriage. . . those who marry will have worldly troubles, and I would spare you that. . . . The unmarried man is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to please the Lord; but the married man is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided. And the unmarried woman or girl is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to be holy in body and spirit; but the married woman is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please her husband" (7:27-34).

Paul’s conclusion: He who marries "does well; and he who refrains from marriage will do better" (7:38).

Why would Jesus recommend celibacy if he himself didn't practice it? Why would Paul be celibate and recommend celibacy if Jesus was married instead of celibate?

16. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless
    CLM
    1. Project Mayhem

Why would a religion recommend celibacy it all? Kind of prevents the birth of future worshipers.

17. juggy4711

juggy4711 Nimrod Son

I think Paul and Jesus might have been getting it on together :whistling:

18. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

The voice of experience....

Paul liked to learn from other people's mistakes...

Randy

19. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless
    CLM
    1. Project Mayhem

Marriage and celibacy are both mistakes.

20. i knew hookers and blow was devine