was it just me...

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by PinkoCommie, Feb 9, 2013.

1. ditchdoc24

Expand Collapse

Jan 15, 2009
    Friday was fine since I was off:tongueout:

It's been a busy weekend though. Hauled off 2 truck loads of trash yesterday to the dump then spent the afternoon cleaning up the work shop and hauling my reloading press down from the attic.

Today I'm headed to the hunting club to clear some trails to a few new stand sites before rain comes in. I have Grand Jury tomorrow morning on 4 cases and then back to work tomorrow night. Luckily it's supposed to rain all night tonight and tomorrow so it should be fairly quiet.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. wprebeck

Expand Collapse
    Got quacks?

Oct 20, 2002
    In a flooded corn field
    Nothing unusual at the jail, other than a couple of fights. At my off duty job, I dealt with a suicidal female. Talked with her a bit, while waiting on LMPD. They arrived, I briefed them in, they transported the girl to the hospital for treatment.

Then, the fun started - my truck wouldn't start. Supposed to depart at 0430 (been working since 1500 the day before; I go straight to my off duty job). Called a tow, got home at 0600. Yay.

Spent Saturday replacing a starter. Normally, not the big of a deal. But, the nut that holds the starter wire on had fused to the bolt. We managed to get the starter off, because the bolt pulled right out of the starter, but was still attached to the wire.

Went and bought a Dremel tool, then managed to cut the bolt from the wire. Replaced starter, truck started. Haven't driven it yet, heading to church in a few minutes, so we'll see if it works.

So, my Friday screwed my Saturday - but nothing work related. Just the usual assortment of drunken idiots at the store where I work off duty.

3. DaBigBR

Expand Collapse
    No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    We were rockin' tonight, though. It sleeted and then rained pretty much all night. We had about two hours where they were constantly looking for folks to clear to handle calls. The rain meant that everybody tried to drive their drunk asses home, and the sleet prevented some from doing it. At one point we had four or five officers all processing drunk drivers. The area to do so consists of three rooms, 10x10 and smaller. It was a zoo.
  4. scottydl

Expand Collapse

May 31, 2005
    The Middle
    Friday was busy for me, 3rd Shift has been dying off around 0400 most winter nights lately. But this past weekend was rockin' all night, nothing major but lots of traffic & warrants arrests and "general mopery" as someone astutely labeled it above. Enough to keep me occupied all night, which is better than suffering through the last 4-5 hours of nothingness.
    #24 scottydl, Feb 11, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2013

Duty Gear at CopsPlus