close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Was I in The Wrong

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by TSAX, May 1, 2012.

1. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I dropped the mrs off at work today. She works a few blocks from where the major protest is today for May Day. These things can be peaceful or get out of hand. I mention to her and her boss about the protests and that Im a little concerned and for them to be careful. Her business has all glass windows and is at the corner of a major intersection.

Her boss (also a female) says since Im so worried then the mrs should go home. The mrs gets mad at me :steamed: thinking Im overreacting. Now I didnt say to them to barricade themselves and board up the windows, just a FYI on whats happening today and to be careful.

I hope nothing happens and if so then I will take more crap for being "too worried", but if something does and I hope it doesn't then I would be very concerned for them.

Should I have gone about this in a better way, shut up in the first place or just do what I did and take the flak for it.

www.kirotv.com/news/news/local/afternoon-gridlock-predicted-thousands-flood-downt/nNNkN/

:50cal:

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  2. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV

Yes.

Inappropriate to include the boss in that conversation.

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Or maybe this thread should have been titled "Did I overreact" or "How could I have done this better"

The important thing to me was just to get the message across about what was happening.

4. VELO

VELO

5. Tongo

Tongo

Is it me or does it seem like KIRO is trying to make this bigger than it really is? It doesn't look like there are that many protesters? Couple hundred at most?

ETA: It's really hard to tell how wide spread things are with their coverage.

6. truetopath

truetopath

I would have definitely cautioned the Mrs and maybe even encouraged her to take the day off to stear clear of any danger. I don't think I would've gone so far to caution the boss though.

7. huskerbuttons

huskerbuttons

Maybe, I would have just asked the boss what his safety plan was in case of disorder.

8. Bill Keith

Bill Keith

Lock the doors, hand out the scatter guns and hold a counter protest, with coffee from Sarbucks:rofl:

9. gjk5

gjk5 Pinche Gringo

Really?

I would have just stayed out of a conversation between my wife and her boss.

10. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

B of A, Niketown, Wells and other buildings have been damaged. Unfortunately its not over yet, my mrs is safe, a few blocks away from the danger area and hopefully will stay that way. Im hoping they close early. I will be there soon to pick her up and hoping to not have to go through the chaos.

11. rhikdavis

rhikdavis U.S. Veteran

Then the terrorists win. :supergrin:

12. FL Airedale

FL Airedale Dog Breath

When you disagree with a woman and wonder if you are wrong, you only need to ask yourself, "Am I a man?".

That will immediately tell you that you were wrong! :winkie:

13. jbsimm2

jbsimm2

It is definetly not as big as they are making it seem. I work right down in the middle of it, and I didn't even know this happened until I got home from work and the news was on.

14. Dan_ntx

Dan_ntx

You and her boss have a much different idea of what a "good day" is today. I suspect he felt like you were questioning his authority by mentioning the protestors and he is somewhere wondering if he reacted insensitively to your comment.

Blow it off, and don't speak to or in front of him in the future. When the wife gets home fall on your sword and let her know that your concern for her safety, that is obviously not shared by her boss, caused you to speak out and that you regret confirming that her boss does not share that feeling and in fact had no plan at all if something were to happen

Don't feel guilty throwing him under the bus with backhanded passive aggressive comments...his offer to send your wife home for the day threw you under it.

15. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

For the record the boss was a her. And the other co workers male/female didnt care but I know if they were next to the buildings that had broken windows they would have changed their tune. I wonder if they will say anything to me when I pick her up later.

16. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

I tend to agree here.

If you are making a personal threat assessment it should have remained personal.

17. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Well thought out.

18. DoubleWide

DoubleWide

You were in the wrong. Get there early and toss a rock through the window and you're back in the right. :whistling:

19. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Just take the heat dished out, part of being married. She probably knows you were just concerned.

20. FetchMonster1

FetchMonster1

Yep, no need to engage the boss with personal opinions. Wifey is right to be mad (can't believe I said that), you don't mess with the church's money.