close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

War Veteran Arrested for 'Rudely Displaying' Rifle

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by SJ 40, Apr 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SGT HATRED

SGT HATRED

Sep 30, 2010
    PHX AZ
    Unfortunately AZson, many posters here live in states that have less respect for guns and 2nd amendment rights than we do here in AZ. So you can't really blame them for siding with the cop, they just don't know anything different. I've said many times here; Thank god for this state and it's acceptance of all forms of carry, where people aren't asking for trouble or looking for attention, but simply exercising their right to carry a firearm legally and how they see fit. God bless Arizona!

2. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    OP Out of curiosity what can we do to help him win his lawsuit?

Let us know how asking for a state trooper works out for you.

"sargent":rofl::rofl:

3. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL

Ohh has "it" started yet?

4. Illini_Glock

Illini_Glock USAF Veteran

Dec 28, 2012
    Arizona
    Yep, agree with what you said. If he would have kept his mouth shut instead of seeking a confrontation things would have been seemingly been better. While I do agree that we see the end of this confrontation, it's not difficult to surmise how it started. Just another skewed video.

5. Can we take this post down already? It's in the wrong forum for one, and this subject is beat to hell. The idiot got what he was looking for. It's obvious he wanted this. Why else would people open carry a rifle like that? FOR ATTENTION. It's people like him that will get the guns taken away. He isn't helping all of you that are defending him, and bashing the police for stopping a man scaring the whole town half to death. He's making you look bad. With all of the crazy things happening in this world by "regular people" are you surprised he was stopped? Get a clue or go to bed!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. VC-Racing

VC-Racing General Flunky

I wasn't defending him or the po po... I just merely pointed out the obvious things during the interaction. As i said earlier ...... They all were acting rather dooshy. :rolleyes:

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. from what I saw this is what I also get from it.

8. I wasn't singling out any one person. I wasn't talking to you specifically. My message was for all.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  9. badge315

badge315

Aug 14, 2008
    Middleburg, FL
    Regardless of the righteousness of their purported cause, I refuse to support any individual that purposely chooses to act in a petulant, obnoxious manner rather than behaving politely and dignified.

10. ^^ Same good post! I also do NOT support the dude.

11. OldSchool64

OldSchool64 Nice Guy, but - someones pain in the...

Sep 5, 2010
    The police had every right to question the man and ask for his ID, in fact I'd expect them too. If that guy had shown some respect for the police and not been such a ________ there shouldn't have been any real problem.
    Also, in my State when approached by an officer if you have a CCW (referred to as CPL here) you must tell the officer immediately.

12. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    Well there's 20 minutes of my life wasted and will never get back.

All I see are some LEO's (working joe's like everyone else, except their job is more dangerous) being very patient with a loud mouth twit. Shame his son had to see it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  13. I am still trying to find a law, from anywhere, regarding "rudely displaying." No luck so far.

And when the 2 officers came back and said he was under arrest - do they not have to tell the person what for? IDK.

I don't know what happened before the video, or after, but at the point of this interaction I believe the gov't employees in charge (the Police) should be made to have responsibility for at least communicating better.

Regardless of outcome, these officers did not uphold their job responsibilities of any civilized community.

Black mark, Temple, Texas, black mark.

14. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    This. He sought a confrontation, used his minor child as cameraman, and purposefully put on a show. Makes gun owners look terrible. I can't believe the military would be too happy with this bozo rolling around.

15. Sharkey

Sharkey

Nov 21, 2006
    DFW, TX
    I'm amazed that you will write the first paragraph and then write the second.

"What we have here is a failure to communicate,
    Some men, you just can't reach. So you get what we have here last week. Which is the way he wants it! Well he gets it! I don't like anymore than others here."

16. BicycleDay43

BicycleDay43 00 Buck dude

Feb 4, 2007
    Oak Grove, Kentucky
    You have no idea how much the Army has changed over the past few years.

Sent from the bluegrass state using my LG. Go Mariners!

17. FourthPointOfContact

FourthPointOfContact

Jul 23, 2007
    You make it sound like he ambushed the officer. I'm pretty sure that's been a valid military tactic since time immemorial, mostly because it has a tendency to work against an unprepared foe. That someone deliberately walked into one, unprepared, is more worrisome to me.*

Were it one of my troops, we'd have a little wall-to-wall counseling session, should he survive the incident. Thankfully, in the civilian world such screw-ups usually don't have to pay with their blood and lives. Make a court room seem quite civilized in comparison.

Time and time again the courts have ruled that the mere sight of a firearm where firearms are legal to carry poses no suspicion of illegality.

*That's making the rather large assumption that such an 'ambush' took place and it wasn't as the individual reported it to be.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  18. OlliesRevenge

OlliesRevenge

Apr 26, 2012
    WA
    I didn't see it previously mentioned, but the Temple Tx. Officer who disarmed Grisham of the 1911 that Grisham carried on his left side muzzle swept Grisham and his own Sgt during the disarm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=A8r4MK3R4PI#!

The 1911 disarm starts at 2:50 -- officer is standing behind Grisham, uses his left hand to extract 1911 from left side of Grisham's belt -- as he passes the pistol over to his Sgt (who is standing off to their right) he muzzle sweeps Grisham's neck and head -- then offers the pistol muzzle 1st to the Sgt... thus sweeping Sgt's torso when doing so.

Close inspection of the video will reveal that the 1911's hammer was down, but that is a minor detail.

Some might view this as a tangent, but I see it as one of the most important elements to this story.

19. Stevekozak

Stevekozak Returning video

Nov 9, 2008
    I would like to see the complete video before making any definative statements. Does anyone have a link to the COMPLETE video?

20. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

The activists, who chose only to post this carefully edited video.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.