close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Wanted: Glock 21sf FULL Picatinny rail.

Discussion in 'Glock Collector's Club' started by Travis0211, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Travis0211

Travis0211

Feb 25, 2012
    Hello All,

I've exhausted myself attempting to find a Glock 21sf that has the full Picatinny Rail along the bottom of the frame. Surprisingly, even most experienced staff in gun shops have no idea what I mean by FULL picatinny rail. I thankfully have a friend at a local shop who advised me Glock doesn't make the sf with the rail like that anymore. So to the forums and online shops I go. I would like to find one that's basically new or like new. I figured a collectors forum would work best. Please let me know if there is anyone with said gun and would be willing to sell it. Thanks guys!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. I do see them on Gunbroker quite a bit, they are always listed as glock 21sf, you just need to check pictures and descriptions.

I am curious why you seek a rail version such as this? FYI there is an "unofficial" standing open "recall/upgrade" to anyone that has one of these, it was determined that the ambi mag realease on this version is prone to major malfunctions and jams causing the mag to be stuck rendering the gun inoperabale. Glock will replace the frame/gun with a standard SF frame for no charge with a standard mag catch system.

3. Travis0211

Travis0211

Feb 25, 2012
    Hey Chew.

I've heard that from numerous people now. I actually just ordered a new sf to shoot and carry at work. I'm also an amateur collector of HKs, and really anything that catches my eye. Before I even knew how rare they were I wanted one. Many of my HKs have the Picatinny and I just find them appealing. Reliability of the 21 with the picatinny isn't a huge issue. It will just be sitting next to my tan framed Mark 23 anyways. Ha.

Thanks for the response.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

4. LSUAdman

LSUAdman Pew Pew

Aug 3, 2010
    Texas
    Travis, where were you last year?!? I had one for a few years and loved it - had no problems with the frame or the mag release. I was working on a new project, so sold it for funds. It took me three months to find a buyer. Eventually sold it to a collector for $420.

A lot of people have had problems with them, so be aware of that. Mine ran flawlessly and was a good gun - I just didnt have need of a .45.

Good luck!

5. Ryan Kasiske

Ryan Kasiske

Aug 12, 2015
    I have a Glock 21 sf gen 3 with the full piccatiny rail. Idk how to post pictures of it on this site though. You still interested in buying one?

6. Firecop203

Firecop203

Aug 23, 2004
    Oklahoma
    IIRC, the recall was a result of changing the mag release from the left to the right side with the ambi mags. I have one that has had about 2k rounds through it with zero problems. I use it for the monthly matches at my local gun club.

7. Locust414

Locust414

Aug 23, 2015
    North Texas
    I agree.
    I bought a gen 3 G21SF an it has full rail. But, there is difference. Mine is the version just after the one OP wants. It's serial number begin SDFxxx. So, OP, your looking for serial PRIOR to mine. The ambi mag release malfunctioned and Glock DID recall those. There are still floating around. I saw one a few weeks ago. The guy had bought it from a individual....

8. Locust414

Locust414

Aug 23, 2015
    North Texas
    I think you have what OP seeks.

9. FireMedic-50

FireMedic-50 RTF2 Geek

Aug 23, 2013
    Stormy Seas
    Travis if you are still looking pm me.

i saw one this afternoon at a local gun store, it looked pretty nice.
    the salesman was a dik or i would have looked at it closer.
    they are asking $499

10. eod354

eod354

Dec 13, 2015

11. eod354

eod354

Dec 13, 2015
    Hello, I have what you're looking for. 100 rounds through it. The mag release was upgraded with glock parts,

Please email me at mkeyes626@gmail.com if interested. Havent considered selling it before, but losing job in March so downsizing. Price is $600. The gun is in perfect condition. I only put about 100 through it, bc of its limited number. Was originally designed to compete for a military contract. It's an excellent weapon. I had the grip professionally and lightly stippled to improve the grip.