close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Wanted: G30SF feel good stories

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by gator1gear, Aug 13, 2012.

1. gator1gear

gator1gear

:supergrin: Hi guys and gals, I've been mostly lurking on the forum for a while. I just got myself a new to me Glock 30SF and to be honest, I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse, after reading about some of the problems with a few of these guns. I know ,I know, I need to go and shoot it before I get all tensed up about it. I would really like to hear from you guys that have the 30SF that's been trouble free. I'm taking it over to Glock on Thursday to get night sights for it :cool:

2. robs67stang

robs67stang

My G30SF has about 1000 rds through it with no problems. Mags are a little stiff when new, may have problems with the 10th rd for a while, but it goes away. You will love it!

3. Glockster45ACP

Glockster45ACP

Last 750 rds. flawless, just love shooting this thing. Congrats!:cool:

4. lyodbraun

lyodbraun

Well over 1500 rounds out of my G30SF and not one problem, its the best Glock I own.. its gets carried everyday... if your having that remorse still I have no problems taking it off your hands $400 for it...:supergrin:

5. Bring_it!

Bring_it!

No issues with mine

6. buzzkill

buzzkill

Never had any issues with my 30SF. It was a great gun 100% reliable!! I just never carried it. So I traded it for a 21SF and couldn't be happier!

7. SDGlock23

SDGlock23 Glockoholic

Shoots great, feels great and the 9rd (flush) magazines are a must...they make all the difference.

8. DocWills

DocWills

No problems so far 1500 rounds or so, mix of ball and hp:supergrin:

9. BhamGlock

BhamGlock

500+ rounds of everything from cheap imported FMJ to high end JHP with zero problems. Go shoot it!

10. No Mercy

No Mercy

Mine has eat everything Ive fed it! No problems here and its accurate to boot!:supergrin: Now go shoot the darn thing and enjoy it!:wavey:

11. gator1gear

gator1gear

I REALLY appreciate the replies! I'm planning on putting a few downrange on Wednesday!! lyodbraun, I'm not THAT remorseful:rofl::supergrin:

12. Beanie-Bean

Beanie-Bean

I carry mine, but also shoot it a lot, too. No problems at all--none. I've kept everything stock (even the Glock night sights...) and it has been an excellent tool to have in the toolbox in case you ever need it.

Test it out with .45ACP ammo you've used before, that way you'll have a good idea of how the G30 will run for you.

I generally break in my .45ACP pistols with 230 gr. ball ammo, then test my favorite SD ammo (Speer Gold Dot 230 gr. and Hornady Critical Defense 185 gr.) to see how the new pistols feed and cycle with those loads.

After that's all done, then they just get a regular dose of whatever I've loaded on the bench, or whatever is on sale if I'm not in the mood to load anything.

I'll have to give a thumbs-up for the 9-round magazines, too. I only have one, but it took quite a while to break it in to the point where I could load nine rounds in it. The spring on that magazine is extremely stiff, and takes some serious commitment to get it loosened up for carry.

13. g30sfjeepguy

g30sfjeepguy

Mine has been flawless and will eat any ammo even the cheap Russian stuff.

14. attrapereves

attrapereves

I never had any problems with my 2011 made G30SF. I think the majority of the problems were with the original G30SF pistols.

15. PM720

PM720

Couple thousand through my G30SF with zero issues. Shoot it, live it, love it! :rofl:

Scott

16. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I bought a G30SF last year. It would Fail to feed/fail to return to battery with JHP ammunition. I sent it back to Glock. It still failed. I exchanged it with Glock for a 21SF. I am glad I made the switch as it has been 100%.

My lesson learned: Don't listen to the apologists. The 30SF earned it's reputation for a reason. Sure, a lot of them work just fine...but too-may don't. They aren't up to the standard of the other Glock models. The same is true of the 36, and I'm still pretty hesitant about the 4th gen 9x19s as well.

I also put night sites on mine, and bought two more magazines, before testing it out. Fortunately Glock had no problem moving my sites to the 21SF. They also replaced my two extra mags when I sent them in with the pistol, returning 4 new G21 mags to me.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2012
  17. glockenturm

glockenturm

The truth is, mine has been flawless. Seems like everyone else that has posted in this thread has had the same results.

Apologists, HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH..........

Just because you got a bad gun, it's not going to make me say mine is bad. Nor anyone else that hasn't had any problems will chime in with you.

It must be a horrible feeling getting a lemon, but wishing it on others is pretty weak.

On average, 115 people a day die in traffic fatalities. I still jump in my vehicle daily.

18. USSOCOM

USSOCOM

I have had two G30SFs and not a single issue after thousands of rounds. My current EDC CCW is a G30 Gen4. Also not a problem after 500+ rounds.

19. Glock40man

Glock40man

My G30SF has been 100%.

20. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The truth is that, as the OP has noted, the 30SF is a known problem child that is more likely than the majority of Glock models to have problems. I would prefer that that not get swept under the rug. I KNEW full well that they were known to be problematic, but I eventually bought one after reading enough of the "feel good stories". I soon regretted that.

For the sake of the many people not posting, and in fact not even members, who are likely to read this thread at some point I feel it is only fair to say this.

And I have no flipping clue why you are implying that I am wishing a lemon upon somebody. :upeyes:

lol

That is about 0.0000369% of the US population, you know.

And if you drive sober, wear your seatbelt, are not a teenager/are an experienced driver, don't drive like a madman, etc, your chances are even lower.