close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Want to try a different concealed piece...thinking Taurus...

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by FThorn, Jun 10, 2007.

1. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    Okay, I got 'paged' at 1 am today for some guy in India that needed some computer fixed. While I was fixing the problem, since I can multi-task, I was reading online forums about Taurus. I'd like to see and give the Millenium Pro or 24/7 a try. The PT145 has gotten pretty good word of mouth here on the interweb.

Anyone have opinions, from Indiana?

Also, where's the best place to buy them in Indy/Indiana? It seems everytime I'm in KS&E, they have at least SOME there. But I don't see that many in other places.

Perhaps some at The Outdoorsman in Greenwood. I can't find Taurus Dealer info on the web, either. Any help?

The new SA/DA trigger sounds nice(r) than their old DAO. Might be a step up from my Kel-Tec. I just can't wrap my hands around the Glocks, except for the 36, to my comfort.

Watch this new(er) Taurus promo video... seems like they are not all that bad anymore. I know...it's propaganda, but informative video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDo0ua2IMp8

So, where to buy in Central Indiana?

2. rhino465

rhino465

Sep 24, 2003
    Indiana, USA
    The Milleniums guns are nice for subcompacts. The 24/7 is maturing into a good gun too. We have one production division shooter at WVPPS/RileyCC who shoots a 24/7 in .40 and I've never seen it have any problems at all.

3. sjstill

sjstill Guest

We carry them at Plainfield. I forget the prices. 317-839-6095.

I personally don't care for them - too chunky or something. But then, I'm a 1911 guy :thumbsup:

4. Fenway

Fenway

Apr 1, 2006
    Indiana
    Some of those youtube comments aren't very inspiring. Sounds like alot of airsofters like the looks of it though. :thumbsup:

5. hardd1

hardd1

Jun 25, 2005
    sw fla
    PT145's for 283.00 nib at Buds Gunshop......:holysheep:

6. pupcuss27

pupcuss27 CLM

May 13, 2007
    INDY, USA
    Here's a link for you to get to Tarus Mfg. The link will take you to their site to view a video of one of their new revolvers "The Judge". Hard to miss at close range with this weapon. It will shoot 410 shotgun shells as well as a 45 round. You must see the video demo by a "Tarus Rep", he shoots a target with the Yelo/sticky patches that show the 410 shot pellet pattern spray at close range. It would be awful hard to miss at close range with this gun. One of my good friends in SW Texas let me know about "The Judge", he carries a two shot derringer that fires 410 shells. I would not like to try that but the Tarus Judge would be real close range weapon. Anyway here's your Tarus Manufacturing Link_ www.taurususa.com/video/taurus-theJudge-video.cfm Hope this is helpful, enjoy the video.

7. ryan78

ryan78

Jan 23, 2007
    Oklahoma
    They're junk I have a couple of friends that have had to send theirs back for repairs

8. HoosierShooter

HoosierShooter Copper Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Indy
    I just picked up a 24/7, haven't been out to shoot it yet but it feels nice. I have a 111 for sale now, the only thing I don't really like about it is the long takeup on pull, but it's not too bad. I have been wanting the 24/7 and got it from a buddy for cheap. I'm looking for a 10/22 and thought I'd get rid of the 111. I will probably be out at EC Friday if you want to shoot both. Let me know.

9. If you have a PT111 and are considering a 10/22 as trade, message me, I have a 10/22 sitting around.

10. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    Just FYI..

KS&E has Taurus PT111 Pro 9mm for $289.
    .40 $299.
    PT145 .45 $319

11. dblagent

dblagent

Jan 10, 2006
    Oregon
    My neighbor owns a P145 Mil Pro and has been very happy with it. I have shot it several times and have had no issues at all and he has not either. Surprisingly easy to shoot and it was accurate for me right off the bat too. This is a DAO model and I think the new sa/da would be even better.

As an FYI they seem to be getting replaced soon by 24/7 compact models, though it may take a couple of years to not be able to find new ones. They are not on the web site and they have not even announced them it seems, but they are on gunbroker already.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=73861284

I like them, but I am going to get a M&P Compact insted I think. I am a lefty and the safety on the new Tauri would be a carry problem for me. Buds has the M&P Compact in .40 and 9mm for $399 so I think I'm going that route for now. Trying to decide between 9mm and .40, leaning toward .40 though I have never shot a .40. I have also looked at the tiny Kahrs, but the price is sure high and I cannot find used ones anywhere at all. Would love a MK9.

EDIT - another 24/7 compact showing up for sale already. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=73655208

12. skydelta34

skydelta34

Oct 12, 2005
    Indiana
    Check out this thread:
    http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=673516&highlight=mk9

13. Taurus is reported to have a very poor customer service track record.:sad:

14. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana

15. FThorn

FThorn TV/Movie Club

Apr 30, 2004
    Statistically significant, though? Don't all brands have SOME issues/returns?

16. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Significant enough over say, Sig, Glock, etc.. I'm not a Taurus basher, I've actually owned two Taurus revolvers and loved them(only have one now). Their revolvers are great bang for the buck, but I trust their semi-autos about as far as I can throw them.

Sorry, I've saw and heard to many probs... YMMV..

IGF

17. DRAEGER

DRAEGER

Oct 1, 2006
    Love my Taurus pistols, never a single problem. One PT92 I bought back in late 1980's and still works perfect.

My current Taurus collection:
    PT24/7 9mm
    PT24/7 45cal
    PT92 Decocker
    PT92 No-deocker
    PT145
    PT1911
    PT908 9mm single stack mag
    PT945 factory ported barrel

18. sjstill

sjstill Guest

Any idea of an honest round count?

19. PimpStick

PimpStick

Feb 19, 2005
    Naptown & Vegas
    I love my 24/7 Pro .45 ACP. Bought it at Bradis on 67, a few miles south of 465.